Windows 10: Cannot load Windows 10 because of Display problem

Discus and support Cannot load Windows 10 because of Display problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was going to update to Windows 10, but it said that my display NVIDIA GeForce7050/NVIDIA nForce 620 would not support Windows 10. My computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by subman9912, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Cannot load Windows 10 because of Display problem

Hi,
    I was going to update to Windows 10, but it said that my display NVIDIA GeForce7050/NVIDIA nForce 620 would not support Windows 10. My computer is 5-6 years old (Windows 7 HP), what do I need to do to get Windows 10 to work. Are the new components that I need to buy worth installing. I only use the computer for home use and do not play games on it.

Thanks Dave

:)

subman9912, Mar 18, 2016

2. Screen completely blank after windows 10 installation

I down loaded the new Nvidia driver that is supposed to fix this problem, and I still get a black screen so there is simply no way to fix Windows 10 because there is NO display. I cannot understand why this is a problem

HowardKress, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Display adapter,This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

This is for Dell Vostro 3700 upgraded to Windows 10

JoeBonsall, Mar 18, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Cannot load Windows 10 because of Display problem

I haven't done it myself, but I have read that you can perform the upgrade manually:

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

(There's a bit too much information there. The easiest way might be to use the Media Creation Tool. My own preference would be to download the .iso and make a USB flash drive from that.)

For drivers, you probably can use the Windows 8 ones. 32 bit:

Drivers | GeForce

64 bit:

Drivers | GeForce

You may need to install them in compatibility mode.

If that doesn't work, you may be able to install an inexpensive discrete graphics card. Example:

MSI GeForce GT 710 DirectX 12 GT 710 1GD3H LP 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x 8 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card - Newegg.com

A couple of things, first:

Do you need Windows 10? I don't suggest it as an upgrade from Windows 7. I like it better from 8. (The integration of the Windows desktop and the interface once known as Metro is much better in 10 than in 8.)

If you wish to proceed with the 10 upgrade, I strongly recommend imaging the Windows 7 installation, in case something goes wrong. I haven't used it, but Macrium Reflect Free is popular for the purpose. This is particularly important if you have no means to re-install 7.

Good luck.

bobkn, Mar 18, 2016
Thema:

Cannot load Windows 10 because of Display problem

1. Cannot load Windows 10 because of Display problem - Similar Threads - Cannot load Display

2. Display adaptor error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display adaptor error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...: I have just built a new PC and this error appears after having installed Windows 11. Could anyone provide a solution into how may I solve this problem?The error appears under Display Adapter -> Microsoft Basic Display Adapters.This device is not working properly because...
  3. Display adaptor error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display adaptor error: This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the...: I have just built a new PC and this error appears after having installed Windows 11. Could anyone provide a solution into how may I solve this problem?The error appears under Display Adapter -> Microsoft Basic Display Adapters.This device is not working properly because...
  4. Cannot load Windows 10

Cannot load Windows 10: I have a surface runniing 8.1 pro. Bought windows 10 home from Microsoft. When I use the download tool it runs through the process and finally give message Windows 10 did not load? Machine has all requirements. At no time am I asked for the product key!No external devices...
  5. Cannot load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot load Windows 10: I have a surface runniing 8.1 pro. Bought windows 10 home from Microsoft. When I use the download tool it runs through the process and finally give message Windows 10 did not load? Machine has all requirements. At no time am I asked for the product key!No external devices...
  6. Cannot load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...: This is an issue that I onlt started having recently on both of my machines. One runs Windows 11 and the other Windows 10. It seems like it's only appeared recently, especially on my machine running Windows 11. Could it really be coincicence that i'm having the same issue on...
  8. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the...: all the time when I insert a USB stick get this error. every time I have to go into my computer-device manager- Universal Serial Bus Controllers - Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host controller 1.0 and Uninstall - Restart Pc ... I tried all the variants found on google .. iI go...
  9. Cannot load an app because it is immediately suspended and closed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot load an app because it is immediately suspended and closed: I have been trying to run Aion by NCSoft on my Dell Windows 10 laptop. When I launch the app it is immediately closed and when I check the Task Manager I can see that it is suspended before being closed. I disabled every antivirus and firewall and still the same problem....
  10. Taskbar loaded programs cannot be displayed

Taskbar loaded programs cannot be displayed: Sorry, I don't know exactly what terms to use in explaining my problem. Here is the experiential description: I have loaded Photoshop CC (latest version) and have it attached to the task bar. When I click on the PS icon, the program displays temporarily and then...