Windows 10: Cannot locate any LAN printer

Discus and support Cannot locate any LAN printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've installed W10, a couple of days back, and things don't go as smoothly as I had hoped. I have a couple of issues and lets start with using printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by elTopo, Sep 27, 2015.

1. elTopo Win User

Cannot locate any LAN printer

I've installed W10, a couple of days back, and things don't go as smoothly as I had hoped. I have a couple of issues and lets start with using printers via the local network.

I have a Windows 10 computer, let's call it PC1, and there's a Windows 7 computer next to mine, say PC2, both connected on the same switch.

In another room there's a Xerox WorkCenter copy machine/printer, connected directly on the lan. Let's call it PRNT1. On PC2 there's a shared HP laserJet 1000 series, let's call it PRNT2.

On PC2, I run "find printer" and it locates PRNT1 and can use it with no problem.

To the PC1 (W10), now: when I run "find printer" it doesn't see any of the two.

Can anyone help out?
    Thnx *Smile

:)

elTopo, Sep 27, 2015

2. Why is my printer "offline?"

Is your Printer connected via LAN or USB?

Offline means your computer cannot connect to the printer, it might be a connection issue or printer is turned off.

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 27, 2015
  3. Printers no longer work in Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and my two network printers showed as "Offline" when the upgrade was complete. On either of my other two computers on the network, a Win 8.1 and a Win Vista PC, the printers continue to work normally. The default printer for all
    of these computers is a Brother 3170CDW, an is listed as active on my network router, both through the LAN, and through 802.11g access. The other printer is a Kodak ESP5250, and also works both over the LAN and wirelessly. Only the computer upgraded to Windows
    10 can no longer print to either of these printers.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Brother printer, but my computer cannot now detect it even when given the TCP/IP address. I have used the latest available driver set from Brother, which fails when it cannot detect the printer through this computer. I
    cannot therefore reinstall the printer to this computer.

What now?

FatherFrank, Sep 27, 2015
  4. donetao Win User

Hi what do you see in devise manager? Do you see a printer?? Have you tried the trouble shooter in W10?

donetao, Sep 28, 2015
  5. elTopo Win User
    I used the ip of the printer and at last, w10 saw the bugger...

thanks! *Smile

elTopo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot locate any LAN printer - Similar Threads - Cannot locate LAN

2. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  3. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  4. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Make My LAN Printer appear across the LAN?: Well it is not a stand alone LAN printer - it is in fact a HP 3015 USB attached to a computer on the LAN. But it has always been shared across the lan and usable from anywhere. MS kindly updated the printer machine and now it cannot be seen across the lan. I try to get it...
  6. printer on wireless lan

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  7. cannot instal any printers

cannot instal any printers: Have tried three different printers. All appear as "unspecified" below the line of "printers" and wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-instal-any-printers/e4103276-dbff-48ae-96fb-dca267e9caa2
  8. Printer setup on LAN

Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...
  9. Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 cannot see ANY machines on home LAN: Hi there After latest W10 updates W10 computers can't see ANY other machines on my LAN. 2 Linux Machines, one W7, one XP and 2 W10 machines on a LAN. Linux easily sees ALL computers and can access shared folders. W7 and XP machines see All machines - Wndows and...
  10. Cannot connect to legacy printer via LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect to legacy printer via LAN: I have an old, but serviceable, Canon printer (Pixma iP5200R). Until recently, this was connected to an old, but rapidly becoming unserviceable, tower PC running Windows XP. I was using this machine as a print server (amongst other things) and was able to connect to the...