Windows 10: cannot lock background display

Discus and support cannot lock background display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have done everything your web site, and others have told me. I have locked screen on a solid purple. I have bad eye sight, I cannot find my icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vikki, Mar 1, 2016.

1. vikki Win User

cannot lock background display

I have done everything your web site, and others have told me. I have locked screen on a solid purple. I have bad eye sight, I cannot find my icons with the pictures it puts on.
    In newer Windows 10 builds, Microsoft has added an option to disable/turn off background image of login screen in. every time I log in, it is back to a picture, so redo it again, and again. plus it moves my icons,. help
    Settings app:
    1. Press WIN+I keys together to open Settings app.
    2. Now go to "Personalization -> Lock screen" section and set the option "Show Windows background picture on the sign-in screen" to Off.

cannot lock background display [​IMG]

:)

vikki, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Tony1ee Win User

background change won't affect the startup screen.

no matter how hard I've tried I just cannot change the picture background displayed on the startup screen when I type in my password/pin for the first time since booting up.

the background settings now affect the lock screen, including the screen displayed when waking up from hibernation or sleep, but just not the one on startup.

can anybody help?

Tony1ee, Mar 1, 2016
  3. edreded Win User
    Windows 10 Version 1709-Blank Lock Screen

TeeBee

Question: Do you now see your lock screen picture also as background on your sign-in screen?

This has been the issue for me and others not the blank blue screen.

If I change from Settings:

"Show lock screen background picture on sign in-screen" = ON

Then yes, I also get lock screen background displayed consistently. BUT also get it as unwanted background on the sign-in screen.

If this is setting slider is set = OFF

Then do not get picture displayed on either lock screen or sign-in screen, EXCEPT after awaking PC from sleep when it appears as wanted on lock screen.

So lock screen picture display is inconsistent, as stated by very first poster on this thread above.

edreded, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

cannot lock background display

1. cannot lock background display - Similar Threads - cannot lock background

2. lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen background: hello, I set a custom lock screen and when booting up my PC crashed. when it restarted the lock screen became the default windows lock screen is this a bug or is it supposed to happen...
  3. Cannot change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change lock screen background: So recently i was following a tutorial to make my windows 10 look more like windows 7. my cousin has windows 7 and i didnt want him to feel left out so i did what i could to make it look like 7. I got classic shell and then when personalizing it to make it feel like 7 I...
  4. background and display

background and display: how do I make it so that both of my screens have differ backgrounds and how do i make both my displays my main displays. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-and-display/f933ec0b-af15-4427-b339-ccec1e19b911
  5. display background

display background: please help. Yesterday, and i don't know how, but all of a sudden my background was a snapshot of my desktop. In the upper left-hand corner I notice it says 2 of 4. the toolbar on the bottom of my screen is fake. It goes with the screen shot and shows the shopping bag...
  6. Windows lock screen background images display incorrectly.

Windows lock screen background images display incorrectly.: Hello, i've set a folder with some wallpapers pictures and i've noticed that they are flipped \ mirrored when the slideshow starts. my windows 10 version is 1909 build 18363. i see some old post from around 2017 about this so you would think that this should be already...
  7. Display background

Display background: With two displays can each have a different background. How is this done please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-background/fe019403-45e8-4aca-863a-9ad49d729b73
  8. Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.

Cannot get Background display to work as a slide show.: I have tried to set the Background Display to point to a folder that contains JPG photos to use as wallpaper. However, the laptop will not save the setting where I select SLIDESHOW even though the my WALLPAPER folder is still showing. It seems like the only option that...
  9. lock screen background

lock screen background: My lock screen background is not updating even on windows spotlight mode and is stuck on the same background from the last days. This problem occurred sometime ago also, so at that time i changed the settings from windows spotlight to pictures mode, then again to windows...
  10. I cannot change my lock screen background

I cannot change my lock screen background: After installing one of the feature updates (I believe it was the Fall Creators Update, build 1709), my lock screen background cannot change to a custom picture. I am limited to the six inbox pictures that come with Windows 10. If I try to browse for a picture of my own, or...