Windows 10: Cannot log in after locking computer

Discus and support Cannot log in after locking computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello everyone. So, as we all know, windows 10 has updated its version again around early this august and I have noticed a big change in the lock... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by unidentified, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Cannot log in after locking computer

Hello everyone.

So, as we all know, windows 10 has updated its version again around early this august and I have noticed a big change in the lock screen, notifications, etc. I was really excited at first but then suddenly I had encountered several problems.

The first one is, when I set my computer to sleep or hibernate, the background image before the login screen disappeared and showed a black background image instead. I guess it is just a minor bug that won't interrupt my work so I just let it be.

But now, the problem got worse, whenever I lock screen, I cannot log back in, instead after I entered my password correctly, the text box disappeared and nothing happened. So, I cannot log in until I reboot my computer.

So, I am looking for solutions to help me with my problem. I may be bad at explaining and really expecting for someone in this group have the similar problem and the solution as well. Thank you very much.

:)

unidentified, Aug 16, 2016

2. Log in using fingerprint

In my HP laptop with windows 10 , after it locks and requires sign in again i cannot use my finger print to log in. Can you please look into that issue. Further fingerprint log in works fine when i switch on the computer. so i can use fingerprint log in
    only in that case but not after locking or after screensaver. Please help me ASAP.

Dinuka Ramuditha, Aug 16, 2016
  3. My keyboard locked up after FINALLY upgrading to Windows 10. Anyone know how to unlock?

Computer seems to be locked. Cannot log in.

PatriciaEppley, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Cannot log in after locking computer

additional information:
    The login problem occur occasionally and I think it was triggered when I make multiple desktops.

Cannot log in after locking computer [​IMG]
    This is my lock screen before the login screen,

unidentified, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

Cannot log in after locking computer

1. Cannot log in after locking computer - Similar Threads - Cannot log locking

2. I cannot Log-in to computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot Log-in to computer: I set up facial recognition and fingerprint. My computer suddenly will not use any of those to sign me on, only requiring the PIN and I don’t remember the PIN. There are limited options on my screen. It does not allow me to reset the PIN, only a catch phrase, which I don’t...
  3. Cannot log on to computer in network

Cannot log on to computer in network: I am the administrator of all computers on my network, yet I can't log into one of the computers. I keep getting this error shown below All c:\ drives are shared as are all folders on them. All permissions are granted to Administrators, Users, Guests, etc.. Any help would be...
  4. Cannot log on to computer in network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log on to computer in network: I am the administrator of all computers on my network, yet I can't log into one of the computers. I keep getting this error shown below All c:\ drives are shared as are all folders on them. All permissions are granted to Administrators, Users, Guests, etc.. Any help would be...
  5. Cannot log on to computer in network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into computer: Quick backstory: I had two microsoft acccounts one hotmail, one gmail. I wanted to use my gmail address as my only microsoft account. I followed the steps or so I believed to make the changes to my computer, and the hotmail account was deleted by ms 30 days later. Now I am...
  7. Cannot log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log into computer: Quick backstory: I had two microsoft acccounts one hotmail, one gmail. I wanted to use my gmail address as my only microsoft account. I followed the steps or so I believed to make the changes to my computer, and the hotmail account was deleted by ms 30 days later. Now I am...
  8. Cannot log into computer

9. Windows 10: Cannot log into computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10: Cannot log into computer after update: I updated my computer last week when I was about to close the computer. It shows that I needed to update and then shut down so I did it. Then yesterday when I went to log into my computer, I typed in my PIN, but I doesn’t work for some reason. I realized it said “sign in...
  10. cannot log in to computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot log in to computer: When I switch on I cannot type anything into the password box. cannot log in unless I go to forgotten password and change my password every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-in-to-computer/206ca10a-983a-48d8-97a2-c2115d4de513

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot log in after locking computer

2. after locking workstation I cannot log back in.

3. after locking screen cannot put in password