Windows 10: cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop

Discus and support cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently factory reset my laptop (did not keep personal files). after restarting, it took me to the login where it just says Other User. every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Rago, Jul 21, 2018.

1. cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop

I recently factory reset my laptop (did not keep personal files). after restarting, it took me to the login where it just says Other User. every combination of username and password does not work. there are also no networks that I can sign into, just airplane mode. I have seen people talking about safe mode and administrator but none of them seem to fit my situation (at least from what i could find). if anybody has any solutions please leave them below. thank you.

:)

Daniel Rago, Jul 21, 2018

2. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 21, 2018
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Jul 21, 2018
  4. RCoon Win User

cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop

1. cannot log into windows 10 after factory resetting my laptop - Similar Threads - cannot log factory

2. No Log-In after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Log-In after factory reset: I did a factory reset on my old computer to get it ready to dispose off. Trouble is, it comes back to the log-in screen but it won't accept my usual password and I don't know how to work around that. Any suggestions?...
  3. No Log-In after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Log-In after factory reset: I did a factory reset on my old computer to get it ready to dispose off. Trouble is, it comes back to the log-in screen but it won't accept my usual password and I don't know how to work around that. Any suggestions?...
  4. No Log-In after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  6. Laptop after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop after Factory Reset: Hello everyone.I' m using windows 10.When i bought my laptop back in 2017, during startup my laptop was very fast, however today in 2022,when i start my laptop, startup takes very long 5 to 8 min.My Hard drive HDD is almost full.I think that if my computer is so slow it s due...
  7. Laptop not able to log in after factory settings reset.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop not able to log in after factory settings reset.: So I wanted to clean up one of the laptops at home, so I did a factory settings reset. I clicked on save all files and started the reset.During the reset, the computer kept shutting off so I kept opening it and finally, after the reset is over, I tried logging in with the...
  8. Cannot factory reset laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot factory reset laptop: Laptop has been stuck on the Blue Screen of Death-Automatic Repair loop for almost a day. I cannot boot normally,, or into Safe mode. I can get into BIOS and the WinRE menus. Automatic repair does not work. Despite having them, I apparently have no recovery points. I can't...
  9. Can't log into factory reset laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't log into factory reset laptop: I recently had to factory reset my laptop as it got stuck in an infinite loop, so I'm starting from fresh with none of my previous data. I'm trying to log back into my Microsoft account to use it as my user account on the laptop. I can log in fine, but then it asks me for...
  10. Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory resetting my laptop after installing windows 10.: Hello this is my first visit to the forum, as the time nears for the windows 10 upgrade I had a few questions. My Samsung Activ9 came with windows 8 preinstalled, to upgrade it to 8.1 I had to manually install every windows update by hand and some had to be installed...