Windows 10: Cannot login my Linksys router with Tomato WRTGL54 1.1

Discus and support Cannot login my Linksys router with Tomato WRTGL54 1.1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updraded to windows 10 and I love it! I think its much better then windows 8, what I never liked it before. So I mod my windows 10 to my taste and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MsGeek, Aug 6, 2015.

1. MsGeek Win User

Cannot login my Linksys router with Tomato WRTGL54 1.1

I updraded to windows 10 and I love it! I think its much better then windows 8, what I never liked it before. So I mod my windows 10 to my taste and I try to login my Linksys router and this error sign came:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred while connection to 192.168.1.1 . The SSL - party rejected a handshake message due to unacceptable content . ( Error code : ssl_error_illegal_parameter_alert )

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data can not be verified .
    Contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

I tried to shot down antivirus, firewall everything. Still it can't login my router. And I dont want to reset my router, because I
    have mod alot of hours on that. Do any of you in this forum haves the same problem?

:)

MsGeek, Aug 6, 2015
  2. chasil Win User

Reduce bandwidth usage in windows 10.

I too can no longer tolerate the bandwidth saturation from the Windows update agent.

I recently attached my desktop Win10 system to an ethernet port on my Tomato router. Tomato is a router-centric Linux distribution that is available for a number of models. I am specifically using the Shibby Tomato distribution that can be found at:

Tomato by Shibby » Alternatywne oprogramowamie na routery

Some have pursued Tomato "Quality of Service" (QoS) controls, but I turned instead to the "Bandwidth Limiter" found in Shibby Tomato.

I enabled the limiter globally, then also for the "Default Class for unlisted MAC / IP's in LAN (br0)" and set it for an up/download rate of 600 kbit/s, with a ceil of 800 kbit/s. This will limit bandwidth on the devices that are physically attached to the
    ethernet ports, guaranteeing remaining bandwidth for the WiFi.

Win10's task manager is now reporting a download rate that hovers quite close to (and sometimes slightly over) the ceil. Now when any Windows device makes excessive bandwidth demands, I have a network available to constrain them.

Tomato will run on very inexpensive routers. The Linksys WRT54G can be found for around $5, and the 200 MHz MIPS processor inside it can perform this function quite well.

chasil, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Nokia C3-00 Bugs

Hi!

My problem is with the Hungarian 03.36 Vodafone, that the e-mail program is not working with all the wlan routers. My home router is Asus WL-520GC and with it I get communication error, but with a Linksys router everything is good. How can it be?

(both WPA2personal)

(i set my gmail with linksys, and with my asus I get the @ icon (so it communicates), but I cannot read it because of that comminication error)

???

bigdadylacika, Aug 6, 2015
  4. otisdog Win User

I have a Linksys WRT1900AC and logged right on the Smart WiFi site. The firmware is stock. Using Edge browser.
    Jim

otisdog, Aug 6, 2015
  5. MsGeek Win User
    Tired it. Cannot still access it.

MsGeek, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Skalli Win User
    Skalli, Aug 6, 2015
  7. MsGeek Win User
    Well I tried the link you gave to me. Still not work. I read because I use Tomato Frimware, I must delete some certificate in firefox, but I dont find the certificate that Tomato is using.

MsGeek, Aug 6, 2015
  8. MsGeek Win User

I found this on tomato page:

How to use self-signed certficates for HTTPS

Go to Administration » Admin Access, and configure as follows:

• Local Access = HTTPS or HTTP & HTTPS
    • Regenerate = TRUE
    • Save in NVRAM = TRUE
    • Remote Access = HTTPS

Where is those functions in win10?

MsGeek, Aug 6, 2015
  9. MsGeek Win User
    Finally now I could login. Ha to use older browser to can login. Now I can change my tomato frimware to diffrent wrt frimware.

MsGeek, Aug 7, 2015
  10. otisdog Win User
    Glad you finally got it.
    Jim

otisdog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot login my Linksys router with Tomato WRTGL54 1.1 - Similar Threads - Cannot login Linksys

2. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  3. 2 accounts on login but 1 in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 accounts on login but 1 in settings: Hi! I have had this issue for a long time now. When i turn my PC on and i am taken to the login, there is 2 accounts one being the right one and the other i dont know. It always starts on the wrong one and i dont know what to do. There is only my main account in my accounts...
  4. Can't write to NAS - Linksys router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't write to NAS - Linksys router: If I plug in my 2 NAS drives via USB to my laptop I have full permissions to read/write. However, if I hook them up via USB to my Linksys router, I can no longer write to the drives. I've beaten my head against the wall for months, just letting it go and not fixing it but...
  5. can only login with 1 finger

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can only login with 1 finger: I am used to login my windows with my thumb and index finger. I found out I couldn't login with any of my fingers so I removed my fingerprint data and re-added my fingerprint data but it could only accept one finger. In the past, it would allow me to add other fingers but...
  6. Can't migrate from Linksys E1200 router to E5400

Can't migrate from Linksys E1200 router to E5400: I have a non-wireless self-built Win 10 1903 tower computer with an ASUS B85M-E (no wireless) motherboard connected to a Cisco/Linksys E1200 modem-router that uses PPPoE to a cable modem connecting to the Web via fiber, which works mostly OK, but want to replace the E1200...
  7. Setting up NAS on Linksys router

Setting up NAS on Linksys router: Just recently replaced my old Linksys EA6400 router with a new EA8300 router, and going through the config screens, I saw one where I could set up a NAS using a USB stick. So, I inserted a 64GB USB3 stick into the router, formatted it, and created folders on it. The Linksys...
  8. Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?

Does anyone have the Linksys WRT3200ACM Router?: The reason I ask is because last year, I had the 1900AC, and the front LED lights started going dim, so they replaced it and gave me a free upgrade to the 1900ACS. Well, the same thing has happened, and now they are giving me another replacement and upgrading me to the...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Cannot Connect to Media on Linksys WRT3200ACM Router

Windows 10 Pro Cannot Connect to Media on Linksys WRT3200ACM Router: I have a DLNA server residing with my Linksys WRT3200ACM router, purchased a few months ago. Attached is a USB hard drive. It is set to share for all with no passwords so that set top boxes can easily connect to it. I have several Windows 7 Pro PCs in the building that...
  10. 1 PC not using router assigned IP

1 PC not using router assigned IP: I have a Trendnet TEW-827DRU router. I set up assigned IP addresses for most of my Ethernet connected devices (Desktop PCs, Home Entertainment Devices, TVs) on the router designated by MAC address. One Desktop PC is not using it's assigned IP. I want to fix that. My...