Windows 10: Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded

Discus and support Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I changed the name on the admin account (only me using the Windows 10 Home laptop) and noticed the home directory did not get renamed. So I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by eb3454, Jan 14, 2017.

1. eb3454 Win User

Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded

Hello, I changed the name on the admin account (only me using the Windows 10 Home laptop) and noticed the home directory did not get renamed. So I attempted to create a new account and give it admin rights and change the old account to regular user. When I tried to login as new user with admin rights, Windows gave the error message "User profile cannot be loaded". So I am stuck: I cannot login as admin and old account is regular user who cannot escalate to admin (box pops up and accepts admin password but then does nothing). How can I fix this?

TIA
    EB

:)

eb3454, Jan 14, 2017

2. Cannot Login to New User Accounts in Windows 10

I can create a account with admin account but when I try to login to that account it says

"user profile service service failed the log in user profile cannot be loaded"

I have also contacted Microsoft support and they cant resolve it.

Moved from Insider

***Subject edited by the moderator for clarity.***

santhoshnt5, Jan 14, 2017
  3. St Alfred Win User
    User Profile fails sign-in

Your solution is when you can create a new account that can be accessed. In my case every new user created had the profile cannot be loaded error, consequently copying all the data from the old user account is useless as I cannot even login with the new
    user.

Please let us have a solution to create a new user account that can be login.

St Alfred, Jan 14, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

First approach would be to try and restore the system to an earlier point in time before you made the changes.

System restore

Please note that the user folder does not always get named the same as the account user ID. For example only the first 5 letters of an email address will get used.

You may need to activate the built in Admin account using option 4 in the following tutorial to make any changes. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option4

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  5. eb3454 Win User
    In Control Panel I see no System Restore options, even using the CP search box. Is this because the usable account does not have admin rights? Yes, by reading the tutorial the account must have admin rights. I can only use the account with regular user rights. That is the conundrum.

The computer came with no usb recovery drive. Is there a hidden drive on Windows 10 computers with the setup files?

eb3454, Jan 15, 2017
  6. eb3454 Win User
    After reading https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-error-message I looked in the registry at the ProfileImagePath values and only saw 'Alan' account that is the regular user. Strange that 'Bob' admin login that is displayed as login option at startup is not listed in ProfileImagePath.

eb3454, Jan 15, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    That was why I added the comment about activating the built in Admin account via option 4 of the tutorial. It's a bit complicated but the only option you have to sort out problems when you have lost the normal admin account.

philc43, Jan 16, 2017
  8. eb3454 Win User

I re-installed Windows 10 to fix. Why does Windows 10 allow it to get into an inconsistent state? Poor quality.

eb3454, Jan 16, 2017
  9. Steve C Win User
    You might have a corrupt default user profile. You could try copying across a version of the default profile to c:\users from a working W10 system of the same version or copying it from the W10 ISO file. Some people had success just copying across ntuser.dat from a working W10 system of the same version. Microsoft should really develop a troubleshooter for this common problem of corrupted user accounts.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Login to Admin Account - Profile Cannot Be Loaded - Similar Threads - Cannot Login Admin

2. Windows 11: User profile cannot be loaded for admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: User profile cannot be loaded for admin account: I see my login screen background unexpectedly and if I login incorrectly I get what you would normally see The PIN is incorrect, etc. If I login correctly I receive the message the ‘user profile service service failed to sign in user profile cannot be loaded’. The same error...
  3. Windows 11: User profile cannot be loaded for admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: User profile cannot be loaded for admin account: I see my login screen background unexpectedly and if I login incorrectly I get what you would normally see The PIN is incorrect, etc. If I login correctly I receive the message the ‘user profile service service failed to sign in user profile cannot be loaded’. The same error...
  4. User profile cannot be loaded

User profile cannot be loaded: So first of all I reset my computer and deleted everything, then when it finished booted back up I can no longer long into my account a message pops saying the following “ the user profile service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded”I looked up some video...
  5. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  6. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  7. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

8. Windows 10 cannot login or use admin profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 cannot login or use admin profile: Yesterday my laptop's CPU usage went up and the fan was working really hard. I was working with web app in Visual Studio, so I decided to sign out of the admin profile I was using and sing back in to make sure there are no left over thread running from VS. When I tried to...
  9. Profile cannot load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Profile cannot load: Im using my correct login but this keeps appearing. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/profile-cannot-load/805734d5-95af-4bfb-acd9-dbbfbd801a8d
  10. Cannot login as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login as admin: I am trying to troubleshoot my system and am having difficulties logging in as admin. I am attempting to login as admin and it refuses to allow me access with the correct password. I just changed the password and it works to login to outlook but not as admin to troubleshoot....