Windows 10: Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password

Discus and support Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't remember fully now but I was having a problem with setting up a schedule in Macrium Reflect, it kept failing to accept my Win 10 password. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by bertie11, Aug 18, 2016.

1. bertie11 Win User

Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password

I can't remember fully now but I was having a problem with setting up a schedule in Macrium Reflect, it kept failing to accept my Win 10 password. I went to 'netplwiz' thinking I could just login without a password but then after I rebooted I could only get to the win 10 login screen, the one after the pretty picture. It seems there is a scheduling problem with Reflect after the anniversary update and I haven't been able to use it since.

I reset my Windows password but that fails as well so it seems to me that I somehow need to get back into 'netplwiz' again in order to remove the tick 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer' but I don't know how to get to it! I found this very complicated to understand as it seems to worded back to front, but I was told to add the tick in order NOT to have to log in!

As I downloaded the update and installed it I don't have an ISO, but assuming there is an ISO (anniversary build) can I create one on this spare laptop and use it on the one I can't get into ? That's assuming it will help me to overcome the login problem?

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

bertie11, Aug 18, 2016

2. Cannot login to PC even with correct password.

I tried to loginmy Laptop, it said that there were problem, go to login.live.com to fix it. I logged in as well as changed account password. In devices tab of the website they say that No Device connected to my account. I connected my PC to my home WiFi,
    entered the newly created password but it still says password incorrect go to account.microsoft.com/password/reset to reset. What is the problem ? I changed my password several times, still my PC says that password incorrect.

sazzad rahman, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Cannot login to PC even with correct password.

Hello Sazzad,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like ask if this is your first time to encounter this issue. f so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?

Meanwhile, after connecting your PC to the WiFi, make sure that you also tried using the old password that you've been using before the issue occurred.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 18, 2016
  4. bertie11 Win User

Well, I got back in by restoring a Veeam Backup so at least I can use the system again.

I'm still struggling with the password stuff in Macrium Reflect so I'll post in another forum.

bertie11, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password - Similar Threads - Cannot login correct

2. Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Restarting windows, can't login with correct password.: My computer hit me with the "critical processor died" bluescreen. I need to login to my account on windows on my computer to restart windows and solve this problem. However I can't login, it says that the password is wrong....
  3. Cannot logining my laptop password is Correct also?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot logining my laptop password is Correct also?: Dear Sir/Madam Please help me to login my laptopwindows 10 2020 OS When logining first it shows "You've entered an incorrect Pin several times". "To try again, enter A1B1C3 below". After I entering A1B1C3 Challenge phrase. After this it shows "This sign in option is...
  4. Cannot input correct password into windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot input correct password into windows 10: I tried to close microsof apps in win r msconfig, services,hide all services, disable everything. I had problems installing windows 10 update. Now it wont accept pin or password. How do i get back into command prompt. I have changed password on ipad and windows is fine...
  5. Can't login in windows with correct password

Can't login in windows with correct password: Have tried everything, Shift + restart safe mode. Recovery and others ask for admin access , then tried to alow admin access with comand promt which doesn't work! Teling me again "You need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts...
  6. unable to login with correct password windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to login with correct password windows 10: Hi, Recently I bought lenovo IdeaPad 330S model. regularly updating the Microsoft software. After one of update, my login password not working, page stuck in aeroplane mode. Safe mode login tried several times, not useful. If I go to uninstall or restore or command prompt...
  7. Can't login with correct password

Can't login with correct password: I changed my admin password on 2020-3-17 midnight, I was still able to login with the new password in the morning at 6:45:52 image attached but I am unable to login with the new password anymore. I can only login with a guest account now. Where should I start to look for root...
  8. Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password

Cannot login PC with Microsoft Account with correct password: Hi, I am trying to login to my pc with my Microsoft Account (as usual), however, it keeps on saying incorrect password. I am 99% sure the password is correct, but I still reset my password. This still did not help. I can login to my Microsoft Account with the new password...
  9. Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct

Windows 10, stuck at safemode login, Password not correct: I was trying to uninstall avast the other day, when I noticed that not all of avast's components were completely gone. I downloaded and attempted to begin to use the avastclear utility to uninstall it. Upon starting the application, I was told it needed to go to safemode. It...
  10. Can't login with correct password

Can't login with correct password: i restarted my PC to try and fix my printer as it wouldnt print. Now i cannot login. I type my correct password no luck. I type my correct PIN, no luck. Googled the problem and followed Microsoft advice to reset my password. I did this from my iPad and still cannot log in....