Windows 10: Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

Discus and support Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by AFTommy, Jul 2, 2015.

1. AFTommy Win User

Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

I cannot make Outlook 2016 default email client. I try tru the setting...default and it looks like it is the default. Then I get an error window that says there is no email default and I should set it up in Outlook 2016. When I try it takes me back to settings...default. I am using the latest build 10162

:)

AFTommy, Jul 2, 2015
  2. Ernie San Win User

how to let a clicked notification of a new email in the notification center, let you open that email in a Outlkook 2016 (locally installed) instead of the Mail app?

Hello Enzo,

Aside from making default the Office 2016 as your email, we recommend checking
    Make Outlook the default program for E-mail, Contacts, and Calendar
    from the Outlook settings. To do so, follow the steps on this link.

Once you're done, let us know the result.

Ernie San, Jul 2, 2015
  3. -NismoZ- Win User
    Send to Default Email Client Fuction Not Working

Windows 10, Creators update, Outlook 2016.

I've noticed that when using my HP printer, I can no longer scan to email as an attachment. Once that button is pressed in the HP software, Windows 10 tries to open it's default email program (in this case Outlook 2016) and it cannot and give error: "The
    HP scan application is unable to open your email application and/or cannot attach the scan to a new email. Please check your email configuration and try again."

It seemed to be fine before the creators update, so I thought it may be that HP software was messed up after the upgrade.

I then tried changing the Windows default mail app to something else and switching it back to try and re-associate the default Outlook 2016 app for email, and that did not work.

Now I am thinking it's actually Windows that is the problem. To test, I opened the Windows Snipping Tool and tried to send to email attachment from that menu and it did not work there either. That function does not involve the HP software at all, and only
    deals with Windows OS talking to Office 2016 to send the file.

-NismoZ-, Jul 2, 2015
  4. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email

Ditto! The solution that worked for me was to uninstall Office 2016 and go back to Office 2013.

alkaufmann, Jul 2, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    It appears to be a bug in Outlook 2016. Outlook is your default, but the bug keeps reporting that it's not.

Mystere, Jul 2, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    It does the same to me, hope the next update fixes it

Dude, Jul 3, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    FYI, if you install the beta 2 updates, this problem goes away.

Mystere, Jul 8, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

just use DEFAULT PROGRAMS.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 8, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    No, Jimbo. That's not the issue. The issue is a bug in Outlook 2016 Preview, even though you already have the defaults set. Even if you set it in both places.

The bug is fixed in beta 2.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot make Outlook 2016 Default Email - Similar Threads - Cannot Outlook 2016

2. Outlook 2016 Win-10 Cannot send email to one address

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Win-10 Cannot send email to one address: Hello, Started getting the following error while trying to send email via Outlook 2016. Tried to send to the same email from WebMail and was able to do so. Mail provider says (i think they're right) its an Outlook issue. Windows - 19042.1110, 20H2...
  3. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  4. Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator...
  5. Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email

Outlook 2016 - notifications calendar/email: Windows 10 home Office professional Plus 2016. version 1808 Recently got a new desktop up and running with the above software installed. The Installed default had notifications (audible and the visual that comes shooting in from the lower right corner) for both email and...
  6. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  7. Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 Junk or Junk Email: Hello, I just upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2016. I go into Outlook and find there are 2 junk folders > 'Junk' and 'Junk Email' When I right click Junk Delete is grey out. When I right click Juck email delete is active. Why do I have 2 Junk folders? And which one...
  8. What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?

in Browsers and Email
    What are the default folder names in Outlook 2016?: I'm going insane, and just spent 35 minutes in chat w/MS, to no avail. *Mad I am on a clean install of Win10, with a new install of Office 365 with Outlook. Earlier today, a MS tech remotely set up my 3 Outlook accounts. Then she tried to import merge data from my .pst...
  9. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  10. Help -- Cannot create email accounts OUTLook 2016 Auto config

in Browsers and Email
    Help -- Cannot create email accounts OUTLook 2016 Auto config: Hi there I re-installed Windows 10 and Office 2016. Latest version of Office 2016 won't let you create accounts manually -- you can CHANGE them once an account exists but if it there's the slightest thing wrong when it tries to find your account it bombs out and won't let...