Windows 10: Cannot manage startup tasks?

Discus and support Cannot manage startup tasks? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What's missing in this picture? Hint, I want to manage my startup tasks... [img] 45245 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SOHO1, Mar 25, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Cannot manage startup tasks?

What's missing in this picture? Hint, I want to manage my startup tasks...

Cannot manage startup tasks? [​IMG]

:)

SOHO1, Mar 25, 2016

2. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

I have the same issue as everybody else. I cannot save the settings for normal startup. Another person suggested that I go to Startup in Task Manager, but I don't know what startup services might be missing.

Bob and PeggyBrown, Mar 25, 2016
  3. windows 10 installation problem

hi ashish.

thanks for responding to my dilemma. unfortunately I cannot get the windows button + x to work while the screen is flashing. I was able to get to the task manager and disable all the running things in the startup tab and rebooted the system. the desktop
    screen is still flashing and I checked the task manager and all the startups are still disabled.

what next?

thanks.

BonnieHickman, Mar 25, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

There is a bit more going on compared to the screenshot of my task manager.
    Attachment 71492

Any chance you're part of a group or something where the owner of it can edit things?

5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 25, 2016
  6. SOHO1 Win User
    Yeah, I am the admin of this PC and don't understand where the menu went or why MSCONFIG is redirecting me (still haven't fully explored all the Win10 stuff.) I have a growing list of Win10 oddities compared to normal windows, not sure if this one was native or a result of some store app.

SOHO1, Mar 26, 2016
  7. SOHO1 Win User
    First three options failed, but it looks like CCleaner is here to save the day. CHEERS! Thanks, Brink!

FOLLOWUP: I was running the old Task Manager (Would You Like The Windows 7 Task Manager Back? - Windows 10 Forums) and as a consequence did not realize I would lose the new Win10 feature of a Startup Tab on Task Manager. I HAVE NO IDEA what Microsoft was thinking in deprecating the MSCONFIG.exe functionality in Win10 (moving it to a Task Manager tab *Eek ) but now that I know, I can use CCleaner to either:
    A) turn off the old Task Manager to allow the new one to run so I can use it to manage startup items or
    B) just use CCleaner to manager my startup items *chuckle

SOHO1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot manage startup tasks? - Similar Threads - Cannot manage startup

2. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  3. Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing in Startup or Task Manager Startup: The title is basically my question. I’ve tried deleted and remaking the Startup file in the user specific and other startup file. I’ve restarted File Explorer, restarted my PC some times, and I’m going to run an SFC scan when I’m back on my PC. What other thing can I do if...
  4. Task Manager Startup Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Startup Folder: My Windows 10 Task Manager startup folder is bloated! What are the essential files that have to be there?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-startup-folder/50c345b8-25a0-497e-b753-2d6b1b611205
  5. MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSASCuiL in Task Manager startup: Should I disable this program MSASCuiL?Is it potentially harmful for my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msascuil-in-task-manager-startup/fae45d8f-d6c4-441f-a920-731870ad8be6
  6. Empty Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Startup in Task Manager: Hi, There are no startup Programs being shown Task Manager except for a single Program named "program" and when I try opening them through Settings its empty no Programs are shown there as well . Can anybody please help me regarding this issue? I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  7. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  8. Startup in Task Manager

Startup in Task Manager: Windows 10. My Startup page in Task Manager shows no programs, yet I still have a program starting upon startup. I have already tried a few "fixes" recommended online, without success, such as: - Recreating the Startup file in...
  9. Task Manager-Startup

Task Manager-Startup: I would like to be able to add, delete and/or edit items in the start menu. Is there a way I can do this? I assume this is a registry edit. Information on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your attention....
  10. Task Manager Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup: Need to know what startup apps can I safely disable in order to improve startup (I keep getting this notification about these apps slowing down this process) 27416