Windows 10: Cannot manually download updates from download.microsoft.com

Discus and support Cannot manually download updates from download.microsoft.com in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So, I have both windows 7 and windows 10 installed on two computers. (Total of four operating systems) And I need to download User-Mode Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hellreaver, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Cannot manually download updates from download.microsoft.com

So, I have both windows 7 and windows 10 installed on two computers. (Total of four operating systems) And I need to download User-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2, but when I click 'Click here' and select x64 version, and click download, the popup box goes away (as per usual) and nothing happens. On all four operating systems. Tried multiple times, tried waiting in excess of 30 minutes.

:)

Hellreaver, Jul 3, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

KB4074588 Update Issue

Hi Dorian, honestly, I would not install KB4074588, it is causing havoc, it is disabling USB ports and hundreds of users are reporting they cannot even log into their PC's . . .

I would hide that update and then Windows Update will continue with the next update!

Download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows from attempting to install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

DaveM121, Jul 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 update fails

Hi Lee,

Honestly, I would not install KB4074588, it is causing havoc, it is disabling USB ports and hundreds of users are reporting they cannot even log into their PC's . . .

I would hide that update and wait for the next cumulative update:

Download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows from attempting to install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

DaveM121, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Cannot manually download updates from download.microsoft.com

I tried it and the download never starts, even after doing the Try it again bit.

Berton, Jul 3, 2015
  5. Hellreaver, Jul 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Hellreaver,

I was able to download it, and attached it below in a .zip file for you. *Smile

Umdf-1.11-Win-6.1-x64.zip

Brink, Jul 3, 2015
  7. I wonder what the difference is?

Hellreaver, Jul 3, 2015
  8. Kyhi Win User

when I tried the download - IE popup blocker prevented the download - had to allow the popup

Kyhi, Jul 3, 2015
  9. Yeah, I'm an idiot. I had to 'Load unsafe scripts' in chrome

Hellreaver, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot manually download updates from download.microsoft.com - Similar Threads - Cannot manually download

2. Microsoft store cannot update / download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store cannot update / download: It have been a while that my computer cannot download any app in microsoft store at all . Likely every time I click on update or install anything the button if in the app page is on the button will freeze a while then just return to normal again And if it on library it will...
  3. Microsoft store cannot update / download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store cannot update / download: It have been a while that my computer cannot download any app in microsoft store at all . Likely every time I click on update or install anything the button if in the app page is on the button will freeze a while then just return to normal again And if it on library it will...
  4. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  5. Manually Downloading Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually Downloading Windows Updates: I have an old desktop, custom-built for me in 2011, running Windows 7 64 Bit Professional, and I've run into an issue with DPC latency, which leads to stuttering audio. Specifically this started happening when I purchased a Scarlet 18I20 Third Generation USB audio interface....
  6. Cannot download from the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download from the Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have just built a new computer. I also purchased Windows 10 on DVD and installed it and my computer is now up and running. After installing Windows I went to updates and installed all the updates. One of the updates was a preview version of Windows 10 20H2 which I...
  7. Cannot update windows and download from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows and download from microsoft store: After updating windows 10 home to pro, i can't check updates and download apps from microsoft store [ATTACH] [ATTACH] And when i click "View configured update policies" : [ATTACH] what should i do?...
  8. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download from Microsoft Store: I have received the same error as several others. Since this has been happening since 2015 and it is now 2020 why has this not been fixed? Why is this happening and why has it not been addressed with a permanent fix?...
  9. Cannot download from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot download from Microsoft Store: Today I could not download from MS. Anyone else have this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-from-microsoft-store/60943525-74fb-4699-8d8e-6d7ca46e9a24"
  10. Manually Download Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manually Download Update: I have a limited wifi issue. Toshiba states update KB3114149 may solve the issue. I can't determine if this update was included when I upgraded to 10586/1511 as it is not listed in Update History. Is there a way to manually download that update ? 32690