Windows 10: cannot open a system's folder

Discus and support cannot open a system's folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Why can't I open in windows the folder "windowsapps", it says I have no permission to open it, I am the only owner / user of my pc, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

cannot open a system's folder

Hello,
    Why can't I open in windows the folder "windowsapps", it says I have no permission to open it, I am the only owner / user of my pc, and when system was installed, defined as admin.
    Note; In this folder was installed some "candy crush..." .
    Thanks for answers

:)

Motim, Oct 21, 2016

2. Cannot open a folder within another folder

Hi Keedy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to login to your Microsoft account or any other account on your computer and check if you are able to access the folders within the folder.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to boot your computer in Clean Boot environment and check if it helps.

Method 1: Clean boot

A Clean boot is troubleshooting option for Windows in which all the third party services are disabled and checked, if this services are causing the problem.

Follow the Microsoft help article to perform clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after
    fixing the issue.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Keedy Win User
    Cannot open a folder within another folder

Hello,

Recently I upgdaded to Windows 10 Pro. After I did that I noticed that whenever I tried to open a folder within another one the File Explorer stops to respond and after 30 seconds it returns me to my Desktop. I tried every solution from this article Not responding when opening folders windows 10
    but the problem continues to exist. I hope that you can really help me because I can't access a large amount of my files.

Thanks!

Keedy, Oct 21, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

It is a protected folder - you need to change permissions should you wish to access it, or do so from a boot disk e.g.

A quick search will tell you more - many topics on this on the net.

You can uninstall Candy crush- accessing the folder is not the correct way to do this.

dalchina, Oct 21, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    To add to Dalchina's excellent advice, let me observe that there's a tutorial that explains exactly how to uninstall apps like Candy Crush in Windows 10: Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. That should show and tell you exactly what to do to make it "go away."
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot open a system's folder - Similar Threads - cannot open system's

2. Cannot open LocalService folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open LocalService folder?: Hey all! Win10 user...I need to access my LocalService folder so I can delete my font cache. As far as I know, I have full access to this folder. Permissions don't show any anomolies. However, if I try to click the folder, nothing happens. I've searched around for a specific...
  3. Cannot open LocalService folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open LocalService folder?: Hey all! Win10 user...I need to access my LocalService folder so I can delete my font cache. As far as I know, I have full access to this folder. Permissions don't show any anomolies. However, if I try to click the folder, nothing happens. I've searched around for a specific...
  4. Cannot open LocalService folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot open folder, permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open folder, permission denied: Hey all. I have a very annoying issue I've run into for different folders. When trying to read reports/log dumps in ProgramData, I get "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." I click continue to gain access, and then another popup says "You have been...
  6. The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.: Hi, this error shows up when I click on shared Calendar within the company, i have almost 8 shared calendars but only a few shared from one person having issues when clicking on them the same person's some shared calendars works fine.whenever i click on the check box to...
  7. The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Set of Folder cannot be Opened.: Hi, this error shows up when I click on shared Calendar within the company, i have almost 8 shared calendars but only a few shared from one person having issues when clicking on them the same person's some shared calendars works fine.whenever i click on the check box to...
  8. Cannot Open Folders or Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Open Folders or Files: I copied a folder from my account Account A to another account Account B. I then switched to Account B and tried to open the folder. I received an error message "Application not found". I found that strange so I looked at the folder properties and it clearly identifies in...
  9. cannot open favorite folders

cannot open favorite folders: cannot open favorite folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-favorite-folders/cac9a836-7912-4aca-8d3d-a7e8935540bc"
  10. OneDrive Folder Cannot Open

OneDrive Folder Cannot Open: I have no idea how this happened. I have reinstalled OneDrive but not working still. When I clicked the "Open Folder" in onedrive, nothing happened. When I clicked the shortcut in the navigation pane in explorer, still nothing happened. But it worked fine when I...