Windows 10: Cannot open apps after 1703 update

Discus and support Cannot open apps after 1703 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot open a couple of apps following the recent update (1703). Error message: Exception from secondary thread - app will terminate. Any idea how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by weamish, Nov 16, 2017.

1. weamish Win User

Cannot open apps after 1703 update

Cannot open a couple of apps following the recent update (1703). Error message: Exception from secondary thread - app will terminate.

Any idea how to get around this? Thanks!

:)

weamish, Nov 16, 2017

2. connection problems

After ver 1703 update cannot get Microsoft solitaire collection, money app, news app, App Store ,etc. I can reach Microsoft edge though

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnPotere, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10 version build 15063.13After updating to Windows 1703 OS build 15063.13 I am getting this response you'll need a new app to open ms-windows-store

After updating to Windows 1703 OS build 15063.13 I am getting this response you'll need a new app to open ms-windows-store

PaulSilvera, Nov 16, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you be more specific, please? To which programs are you referring?

Are they traditionally installed programs, or universal apps from the Store?

And just to be sure, could you post your exact Windows version?
    (Windows key + R, winver)
    (Build 1709 is the current Windows build)

Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
  5. weamish Win User
    Ver 1703. Build 15063.674

The software that's consistently having this problem is Nagarsoft Direct Access, a text expander utility I've been using for years.

weamish, Nov 16, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Cannot open apps after 1703 update [​IMG]

(See my specs below).

Just installed it- it's one of those annoying sites that doesn't accept certain email addresses. Of two different ones, one was rejected, another was ignored, and the 3rd one got a response.

Suggest you make sure you have the current version, and look at your Reliability History if you do to see if that tells you anything useful.

(The version no. is shown above)

I think I noted it uses .NET framework...

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
  7. weamish Win User
    Tried Phrase Expander a while back, didn't much care for it (though I don't recall exactly why). Sure would like to stay with Direct Access if possible, but apparently there's something in Win ver 1703 that's conflicting with it?

weamish, Nov 16, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Do you have a URL? That's what came up when I searched.

dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
  9. weamish Win User
    weamish, Nov 16, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Nov 16, 2017
  11. weamish Win User
    Excellent idea to try reinstalling it, thx! Seems to have worked so far...

weamish, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot open apps after 1703 update - Similar Threads - Cannot open apps

2. Cannot apply Nov and Dec updates to 1703

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot apply Nov and Dec updates to 1703: I have downloaded the November and December Cumulative update for Windows 10 v1703. Using the same process of going through the Windows Catalog as I have done for the last few years. The machines I am patching are stand alone so I transfer all the patches for the month and...
  3. Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot open any Windows Store Apps after updating to 1903: I recently updated to the 1903 build of Windows. After updating I noticed that I could no longer open any apps that I downloaded through the windows store. I tried an existing app (Ubuntu on Windows) and also installed Spotify from the store, and tried to launch that. Upon...
  4. Cannot update my desktop from 1703 to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update my desktop from 1703 to 1809: I have been neglecting updates as I had them turned off due to Windows updating without my consent, so this week I finally wanted to bring my PC running Windows 10 up to date. I ran through all of regular windows update, rebooted a couple times but was met with the popup...
  5. Cannot install updates past Windows 1703 Update

Cannot install updates past Windows 1703 Update: I am having issues updating Windows 10 1703 to any feature pack updates. My setup is a Asus X99-Deluxe U/3.1 motherboard, i7 5820k processor, 64GB of memory, an SSD or the operation system and a RAID 5 setup. My system is on the last BIOS pushed out version is 3701. In...
  6. Cannot update my desktop from 1703 to 1809

Cannot update my desktop from 1703 to 1809: I have been neglecting updates as I had them turned off due to Windows updating without my consent, so this week I finally wanted to bring my PC running Windows 10 up to date. I ran through all of regular windows update, rebooted a couple times but was met with the popup...
  7. Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703: Hello, So a few months ago I had to roll my computer back from Windows build 1803 to build 1703 due to many unsolvable bugs involving my GPU. Ever since, Windows has been trying to automatically download build 1803 everyday. I searched online for advice on how to turn off...
  8. After update Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update Apps not opening: So, I did an update today and now my Microsoft store, and my Kodi won't open. How do I fix this?*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh 111727
  9. Apps not opening after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Apps not opening after update: So, I did an update today and now my Microsoft store, and my Kodi won't open. How do I fix this?*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh*Huh 111727
  10. Cannot See Build 1703

Cannot See Build 1703: I'm on Windows 10 x64 1607 and my PC will not go any further. My server is on 1703, but my Desktop refuses to see it, even when checking for updates. I also tried to install manually, but I get an error that update not applicable to this PC. Thanks 95203