Windows 10: Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

Discus and support Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just got this laptop and I want to open the apps and features in the settings but if I click on it gets highlighted and nothing happens. Everything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ali_Moussa, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

I just got this laptop and I want to open the apps and features in the settings but if I click on it gets highlighted and nothing happens. Everything, besides that, in the settings app works. I googled this problem and found this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system?wa=wsignin1.0%3Fwa%3Dwsignin1.0

So I ran the DSIM program and ended up with this:

Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings [​IMG]

:)

Ali_Moussa, Aug 1, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 1, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Aug 1, 2018
  4. Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings

1. Cannot open "Apps and Features" in settings - Similar Threads - Cannot open Apps

2. Cannot open settings and other system apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings and other system apps: I am having an issue with my surface pro 7 that started after it updated to windows 11. At first one user profile of two would not load windows and the screen remained black. I was able to create a new profile from the working profile. However now i am experiencing an issue...
  3. Microsoft store not opening or showing in "apps and features" in settings

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not opening or showing in "apps and features" in settings: I went to clear my microsoft store cache to see if this would fix the not opening problem but the file "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState" does not show in my file explorer. Can anyone help?...
  4. Microsoft store not opening or showing in "apps and features" in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not opening or showing in "apps and features" in settings: I went to clear my microsoft store cache to see if this would fix the not opening problem but the file "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbweLocalState" does not show in my file explorer. Can anyone help?...
  5. Microsoft store not opening or showing in "apps and features" in settings

6. cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  7. Cannot open settings app

Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  8. Cannot open settings app

Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  9. Cannot see Installing Apps in Apps & Features in Settings

Cannot see Installing Apps in Apps & Features in Settings: I'm trying to download non-Microsoft apps from the web but it wont allow me so I searched online how to fix it. And i can change it by going into 'Apps & Features' then 'Installing Apps' and change 'Allow apps from store'; and I want to change it to 'warn me' instead, but I...
  10. Cannot open mail app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open mail app settings: Hi For the longest time, the mail app has been working well. But this morning, I noticed that it hadn't synced with my IMAP server since yesterday so I tried to edit the settings. When I click on edit settings, the settings window opens but I cannot open the settings of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open windows features

2. windows 10 cannot open apps and features