Windows 10: cannot open cmd as an administrator (need help urgent)

Discus and support cannot open cmd as an administrator (need help urgent) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to carry out any task as an administrator as windows prompts to click yes for running program as an admin but does not prompt for the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by adnansyed, Mar 30, 2016.

1. adnansyed Win User

cannot open cmd as an administrator (need help urgent)

Hi, I am unable to carry out any task as an administrator as windows prompts to click yes for running program as an admin but does not prompt for the admin password. I am unable to manage user accounts as it does the same. how to get admin rights and where to type in the password. Kindly help

:)

adnansyed, Mar 30, 2016

2. Can't open cmd as administrator

You should write an article about it for the Community.

Myself, I'll just wait for the movie.

5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Can't open cmd as administrator

Uh, ladies and gentlemen?

I was researching your issue a bit to see if I could find anything that might help. Now, this is going to sound weird but the folks on this thread insist that the fix works.

You might as well give it a try:

Windows 10 Administrator problem

PLEASE let us know if this helps you...if it does I want to find a Tech and DEMAND why!

5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, Mar 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I may not have an answer for you, but I would like to clarify this:
    You said ............ as windows prompts to click yes for running program as an admin but does not prompt for the admin password.

If one is on admin account and is prompted by UAC to confirm the action, all one needs to do is to click Yes to confirm. One does not need to enter the password.
    If one is on standard account and is prompted by UAC to confirm the action, then one has to enter the admin password.

So, are you logged in to your admin account.
    Better still.................... are you the admin of this computer ?

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  5. adnansyed Win User
    Hi, thanks for the reply. It actually says : "to continue type the admin password and then click yes" (cannot click yes as it is grey)
    and does not give the option to type in the password. where am I supposed to enter the password. I actually do not know whether I am admin or not

adnansyed, Mar 30, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You don't know if you are admin or not, but do you have the admin password ?
    If you don't, forget what you wanted to do.

To find out if you are the admin or not.................

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Left click at the Start button >left side, click Settings > click Accounts > right side. You should see your account.
    Does it say Administrator ?

cannot open cmd as an administrator (need help urgent) [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  7. adnansyed Win User
    It says "local account". Actually I bought this laptop from someone today. I don't know that person knows the password or he also does not have it. how can I get it resolved?

adnansyed, Mar 30, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

You will have to ask that seller for the admin password.

I apologize in advance.
    I have a self-imposed rule................... I don't assist people in retrieving or resetting computer password.

davidhk, Mar 30, 2016
  9. essenbe Win User
    @davidhk, that is a good rule and a rule all forum members should follow. The risk is too high for abuse.

essenbe, Mar 30, 2016
  10. adnansyed Win User
    :-( That's very unfair. ok can you please tell me if that person tells me the password then how and where to apply that? and if he does not know it too than should I return this laptop back to him?

adnansyed, Mar 30, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can't say we're being unfair when this looks highly suspicious. You have to admit that.

One would have assumed that you checked to make sure that the laptop was in working order before purchase from such seller.

If it's not, then yeah you should return it for a full refund.

Brink, Mar 30, 2016
  12. adnansyed Win User
    Yeap I admit it. will check with that person for the password.

adnansyed, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot open cmd as an administrator (need help urgent) - Similar Threads - cannot open cmd

2. urgent help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    urgent help needed: I need help for my Windows 10. When I boot it up I have this green pop up showing in the right side of my PC and I dont know what it is. Sometimes I need to close my PC again then it will gone. I run windows scan using windows defender but detect nothing. I check if there is...
  3. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  4. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Help Needed: I don't even know how to begin. I'll try to make it as simple as possible. But I'm pretty much sure that this case is unsolvable at this point. I don't even know how this happened. I was using my computer as normal Acer Nitro 5. And as I went away from it for a few minutes, I...
  5. Urgent Help Needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need urgent help: My PC has unexpectedly shutdown and the following is the dump for the problem.The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffad00193ade88, 0x8a00000000200021, 0xffff8d8b83b968d0, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  7. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: It all started with my windows photo app not working. So I decided to factory reset my windows as I didn't have any data in the first place. The problem still persists, plus I have discovered few more issues Windows Store app not opening Photos app not opening Takes 30-40...
  8. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I got a blue screen with the message "Kmode exception not handled" and then the laptop didn't turn on again. So I went to a repair store and got Windows reinstalled. After that the laptop was good as new. Today it...
  9. Windows CANNOT UPDATE NEED URGENT HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows CANNOT UPDATE NEED URGENT HELP!: I cannot update windows, everytime i look for updates it says: There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80080005) ive tried so many...
  10. CMD Randomly opens.. Need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CMD Randomly opens.. Need help: Hey guys, So I just reformatted my PC and did a fresh install of windows 10 as my computer was running into some issues. The install went fine I reinstalled all of the computers drivers from the manufacturers website. My computer is custom built, so I had to go around to...