Windows 10: Cannot open files from other websites or emails

Discus and support Cannot open files from other websites or emails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I attempt to open a URL from another site or from an email, I get an error window that reads: "an invalid value for registry." Also, sometimes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kenward42, Jan 15, 2017.

1. kenward42 Win User

Cannot open files from other websites or emails

When I attempt to open a URL from another site or from an email, I get an error window that reads: "an invalid value for registry." Also, sometimes I get a window with a message that reads about an illegal activity being attempted regarding a Key designated for removal. Can anyone help me solve these problems? Windows 10 has been an unmitigated disaster for an operationing system.

:)

kenward42, Jan 15, 2017

2. I cannot print emails or other documents with Windows 10

Not helpful, typing troubleshooter comes up with "no matches".

DaphneYamauchi, Jan 15, 2017
  3. I cannot print emails or other documents with Windows 10

Hello there

My printer is a HP Office Pro 8600 (all in one). My printer is working and is hooked up wireless.

I can print from excel but not emails. I get a pop up where I have to input the name of my printer, it shows “connecting” but that is as far as it goes. There is nothing for me to click to “print”. It is a black screen showing the document
    or email I want to print but nothing else.?

Help!

I tried that troubleshooter but it stated an error occurred while attempting to troubleshoot?

Brenda LeeElvins, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Cannot open files from other websites or emails

Can I ask do you run any kind of system optimization tools? There is a very long lists of these products making the rounds. Items like driver updates, registry cleaners, tools to speed things up, system tweakers, etc.

What browser are you using? Are you using any extensions? Have you tried clearing out cache, history and temp files?

Have you tried an alternate browser to determine if this is a browser issue or under lying Windows? (Agree, it should just work.)

With some browsers, like old IE and Chrome you can actually reset browser. Have you tried this?

While I'm hesitant to travel on internet without AV, have you tried one of these known "Good" url's with AV deactivated. You really need to trust site as I don't want Gremlins creeping in.

Caledon Ken, Jan 16, 2017
Thema:

Cannot open files from other websites or emails

1. Cannot open files from other websites or emails - Similar Threads - Cannot open files

2. CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.: Help, I cannot open this mp3. I tried to use the method that change authenticated user in properties but cannot. Thanks for helpinh me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mp3-file-in-a-word-file-shared-by/a96695f3-1a38-4e0b-ac86-5563ba4727a6
  3. CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.: Help, I cannot open this mp3. I tried to use the method that change authenticated user in properties but cannot. Thanks for helpinh me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-mp3-file-in-a-word-file-shared-by/a96695f3-1a38-4e0b-ac86-5563ba4727a6
  4. CANNOT OPEN MP3 FILE IN A WORD FILE SHARED BY OTHER.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices

Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices: I have Windows 10 and use Google Chrome. I can access some sites, like gmail and skugrid, but other websites won't open. No ebay, Amazon, etc. Yes, I am connected to the internet. Everything works on my phone, kindle fire and mac. Just not on my windows computer. Today it...
  6. Cannot open email attached file

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open email attached file: About a week ago, I was unable to open an emailed attached file. Doesn't matter the format; e.g. pdf, mp4, xls, etc. doesn't matter. I can save the file and then opened the saved file without problem. I have researched this problem and tried every suggestion I could find...
  7. Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a websites: Microsoft Edge will not open PDF files from a forum that has a thread with a pdf file attached. It wants me to save the pdf to my HD instead. I'm using Adobe Reader and this is the first I have noticed this change. Edge Version 80.361.62 64bit The Extension App shows pdf...
  8. Cannot open email

Cannot open email: I need to open an email that's important but I keep getting a box coming up that says 'The requested operation requires elevation'. Can anyone tell me what it means and what I can do to get rid of it so I can see the email as soon as possible?...
  9. cannot download and open doc from email

cannot download and open doc from email: cannot download and open doc from email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-and-open-doc-from-email/3579d8ee-619a-4ebf-b6b1-d521da36bb16"
  10. [FILES, FOLDERS & STORAGE] Cannot open a file with other endings..

[FILES, FOLDERS & STORAGE] Cannot open a file with other endings..: Nemohu otevřít soubor s jinými koncovkami .. např WINRAR - .rar Klepnul jsem na pravé tlačítko myši a zvolil (a) "otevřít v aplikaci" a zvolil (a) WINRAR jako výchozí. Pokusil jsem se otevřít další soubor .rar - ikona byla stejná. níže - vyskočil "aplikace se nemůže...