Windows 10: Cannot Open Items In Control Panel

Discus and support Cannot Open Items In Control Panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; good day i just installed win 10 fall update and have run into one issue which is i cannot open most items in the control panel, rightclick on pc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xXWhackerXx, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Cannot Open Items In Control Panel

good day i just installed win 10 fall update and have run into one issue which is i cannot open most items in the control panel, rightclick on pc and clicking properties does not open the properties page, had to fix gpedit. i am assuming all of this in interrelated since i'm having no issues with anything else. after 3 separate searches i'm out of ideas so i'm asking if anyone knows other than sfc what options do i have for fixing this? thanks

:)

xXWhackerXx, Oct 9, 2017
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Cannot open Control Panel

Hi,

This issue might be caused by a stop error. It happens when there is a system fault or system crash, and it forces the Windows to stop running.

To help you resolve this issue, we recommend checking this link: Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Don't hesitate to reply on this post of you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 9, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Cannot Open Items In Control Panel

Did you clean install? If so, where did you get the ISO?

Tony K, Oct 10, 2017
  5. fixed, installed malwarebytes and it found a couple of trojans in a program i was testing.

xXWhackerXx, Oct 10, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    @xXWhackerXx

Glad to see you got that fixed. Side note: Even if you don't have the paid version of MBAM, it's a good idea to scan the installer file with MBAM before trying to install. Particularly true if you are testing out something you're not quite sure of. *Smile Lots of wolves out there................

TC

f14tomcat, Oct 10, 2017
  7. normally i have bitdefender total security and malwarebytes in before i install anything. and i always manually scan everything with both before install. this time i just had bdts installed. as they say no app catches everything.

xXWhackerXx, Oct 10, 2017
  8. f14tomcat Win User

*Thumbs

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Open Items In Control Panel - Similar Threads - Cannot Open Items

2. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  3. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  4. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  5. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  6. Cannot open unistall a program in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open unistall a program in control panel: Dont need to uninstall a program but seems now I cannot even open uninstall a program? How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-unistall-a-program-in-control-panel/087844c1-ddb6-455e-80ac-2f39d136415e
  7. Where are the old Control Panel items?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the old Control Panel items?: Does anyone know how i can get the old Control Panel applets/menus in Windows 10 like Display and Default Programs? I know how to get the old Personalisation settings, i just wondered where the rest of the Control Panel pages have gone. Also btw sorry for the terrible...
  8. Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel

Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I now have an item (Windows 7 Backup & Recovery) in my control panel. I'd like to know the GUID for this Windows 7 Backup & Recovery item. Is there a way I can achieve that? Regards, Andrew 51469
  9. Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization: Good evening, I've noticed a difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization between editions of Windows 10. My wife's laptop is running Windows 10 Home, and her personalization screen looks like this: [img] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10: How to: List of Commands to Open Control Panel Items in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that you'll want to change can be found in the Settings app....