Windows 10: Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

Discus and support Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DEEPAK JAIN2, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being downloaded were bank statements from bank website.... Thank you so much

:)

DEEPAK JAIN2, Apr 25, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Jacko28 Win User

Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

1. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot open downloads

2. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  3. Downloads Folder not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Folder not opening: My downloads folder opens and closes after loading. I have too many big files inside the folder. How can I delete unwanted files without opening downloads folders?...
  4. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  5. Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11

Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11: Hi dears.... Cannot open my downloads folder in Windows 11 installed on laptop. It happened after I downloaded a few files and was in the process of renaming them. Now the download folder is not opening even after restart and goes into 'not responding' mode. The files being...
  6. My Download folder is missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Download folder is missing in windows 11: From yesterday i could not find my default download folder. Its not in library, nor in user folder and i cant find download folder when i am downloading something,I had lots of files in my download folder. What do i do?...
  7. My Download folder is missing in windows 11

My Download folder is missing in windows 11: From yesterday i could not find my default download folder. Its not in library, nor in user folder and i cant find download folder when i am downloading something,I had lots of files in my download folder. What do i do?...
  8. Cannot download Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot download Windows 11: Hello I am trying to download windows 11, I subscribed to the Windows Insider Program; and selected the Dev Channel type of program. Then a tab opened into my PC and said that the program needed some space to download. I selected my D: drive with 609 GO unused. Then it told...
  9. Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open

in Windows 10 Support
    Adobe Files moved from download folder to another folder cannot open: Hi Everyone, I have a problem with Adobe Files moved from the download folder to another folder on C drive then cannot be opened and become corrupted. 1 - Sometimes the pdf file does not save file extension *.pdf in new folder & requires "open with" Adobe acrobat. 2 -...
  10. I cannot open my Downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot open my Downloads folder.: I cannot open my Downloads folder. It was working earlier this morning and now is not responding. Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-my-downloads-folder/5049aac5-7797-4ff7-b8ea-3bd4e023096a