Windows 10: Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings"

Discus and support Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I do have my WiFi internet working, I can access internet all right. But if I go to Windows 10 Settings and then try to open "Network & Internet", it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexDeLarge, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings"

I do have my WiFi internet working, I can access internet all right. But if I go to Windows 10 Settings and then try to open "Network & Internet", it takes forever and it does not load. While that happens, performance temporarily decreases, even Synaptics touch pad has some freezes/jumps. Eventually performance gets back to normal, but "Network & Internet" is still unopened.

Also, if I click on the WiFi icon on Windows 10 Notification Area at Taskbar (at the bottom right of the screen), it does not pop-up, or it pops-up with an empty list of available connections (instead of a list that would have a dozen connections, including my own). Just to click on such icon triggers a Taskbar freeze. So, after that, I can't make Start button to work, I can't use the search field, I can't make any Taskbar icons to pop-up. My only way out is to open Task Manager, finish "Windows Explorer", go to File then create a new task with "Explorer.exe". Then Taskbar is good again, but I can't touch its WiFi symbol on Notification Area, or else Taskbar will freezes.

Reboot is not doing any good. My Windows 10, unfortunately, seems to remember all the bad stuff that happened on the previous session *Wink

I wonder if someone could help me fix it.
    I tried to google the issue but had not luck.
    I believe I have all Windows 10 updates until last Friday.

I don't know if that's worth mentioning, but yesterday all was good. This morning, my WiFi connection was a little crazy, so internet access was on and off all the time. It doesn't look like a Windows 10 issue at all, as my iPhone was also experiencing exactly the same. Anyway, I noticed the issue just after that!

:)

AlexDeLarge, Aug 16, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 16, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings" :)

musum, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings"

First, reset your wifi access point.
    second, make sure the driver for your wifi networking in the PC is updated.
    You can choose to uninstall and restart the PC to make sure the latest driver is used.

If the connection is not stable, Windows 10 (which is sharing an enormous amount of information via Internet might not respond normally because it's waiting for replies that stuff has been received.

Good Luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Thank you very much!

I ended up finding a strange way to solve the problem: rebooting on Safe Mode and simply after that rebooting again on normal mode. I did nothing beyond that and everything went fine afterwards. The problem is solved.

I got to that solution because I had one or two failed restore attempts that fixed some annoyances (driver issues, crazy touch pad cursor etc). How can a restore fail and still fix? Also, I got at least half-dozen persisting hanging shutdowns and half-dozen persisting hanging reboots, and everything went just perfect the next boot when I simply forced shutdown with the power button. Again, how can a forced shutdown do more good (work like a charm, as a matter of fact) than repeated attempts of normal shutdowns/reboots?

I suspect that many issues on my system have to do with the "Fast Startup" (aka hybrid boot or hybrid shutdown). I didn't even know that existed, but my system was automatically set for that. Maybe Safe Modes, Failed (and Succeeded) Restores, Forced Shutdowns, all that forced normal startups on a system set to fast startup, and with those normal startups problems just disappeared.

At the moment, I turned the Fast Startup off, and if it was behind all the annoyances (Internet & Network, reboots with no audio, reboots with freezy/jumpy touchpad, "Failed to connect to a windows service") I've been facing on Windows 8.1 and, now upgraded, Windows 10, I just won't miss it.

Thanks again!

AlexDeLarge, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings"

1. Cannot open "Network & Internet" from Windows 10 "Settings" - Similar Threads - Cannot open Network

2. The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings: Hi, When I click on the WIFI icon and try to open the network and Internet settings, no window opens I tried to do the same using the settings option in the windows icon and also couldn't open the network and internet settings window. Any help is similar....
  3. The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings: Hi, When I click on the WIFI icon and try to open the network and Internet settings, no window opens I tried to do the same using the settings option in the windows icon and also couldn't open the network and internet settings window. Any help is similar....
  4. The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings

The Network and Internet window is not open in the settings: When I click on the WIFI icon and try to open the network and internet settings, no window opens I tried to do the same using the settings option in the windows icon and also couldn't open the network and internet settings window. Any help is appreciated....
  6. Network & Internet window is not open in the setting

Network & Internet window is not open in the setting: When I click on WIFIi Icon and try to open network and internet setting - no window open I tried to do same using setup option under windows icon and also not able to open the network and internet setting window. Please advise...
  7. Cannot open network settings windows 10

Cannot open network settings windows 10: I see this question has been asked before and is now closed. The advice given appears to be the same as that offered from a search however none of the suggestions have worked for me. I cannot access the network settings by any possible route to change the network, I just get...
  8. Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes

Cannot open Network & Internet Settings - crashes: Hello everybody, I need some help. My internet is working, but I cannot open network & internet settings, it just crashes. I have tried safe mode, it opens in safe mode but when I go back to normal mode it wont open. It is a small issue that is driving me nuts. I have tried...
  9. Cannot open network and internet settings and sound settings

Cannot open network and internet settings and sound settings: Here is my problem, i cannot open the network and internet settings at the tray but it directs to a command prompt pop up and i dont know why. And i just found out as well in opening sound settings at tray the same issue on popping cmd. I tried to create a new user and this...
  10. Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open

Windows 10: network disappeared and settings cannot open: Hello, After Dec 29th update, which is today, network dispeared from my taskbar. My desktop has been disconnected from internet. I tried to run troubleshooting, but no result. Settings wouldn't open. All Settings cannot open, and setting windows just flashes and closes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot open network and internet settings windows 10