Windows 10: cannot open people app

Discus and support cannot open people app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When try to open Windows 10 People, blank blue screen (w/ people synbol in middle) comes up for a second, then screen goes to Mail. Mail seems to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pallen38, Apr 2, 2016.

1. pallen38 Win User

cannot open people app

When try to open Windows 10 People, blank blue screen (w/ people synbol in middle) comes up for a second, then screen goes to Mail. Mail seems to work fine and calendar opens OK (although I don't use it).
    Had a problem recently when HP110 computer wouldn't come out of sleep. After several tries said it was restoring to previous settings before problem occurred. Haven't been able to open people since, and would like to add some addresses.
    While I'm on the subject, Many of the contacts I had under windows 8 were not in the windows 10 People (although most were). And they didn't seem to automatically be added when I sent or received something, the way they used to be (may be a settings issue).
    Thx for any help and guidance.

:)

pallen38, Apr 2, 2016
  2. CeeDee.3 Win User

cannot open PEOPLE app

Any solution to this problem?

CeeDee.3, Apr 2, 2016
  3. cannot open PEOPLE app

Not sure why you are experiencing that issue CeeDee.

Did you try powering off (so you see the goodbye message) then powering back on?

Have you checked for updates on your device?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 2, 2016
  4. pallen38 Win User

cannot open people app

nobody has responded with anything. Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem? I'm about to dump Windows 10 altogether and tell everybody I know it sucks...certainly hasn't been working for me.

pallen38, Apr 9, 2016
  5. pallen38 Win User
    nobody has responded with anything. Does anybody have any idea how to solve this problem? I'm about to dump Windows 10 altogether and tell everybody I know it sucks...certainly hasn't been working for me.

pallen38, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

cannot open people app

1. cannot open people app - Similar Threads - cannot open app

2. People Cannot Open My PDF Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    People Cannot Open My PDF Files: I just got my second PDF File back because a third-party could not read it. I have a Canon MG3620 Printer and a Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.906 What might be the hangup? * Moved from MSN...
  3. people app

in Windows 10 Customization
    people app: How to Delete people from people app because "delete" is greyed outon the menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-app/3c2f0d05-ba8e-4f40-afe4-218832716341
  4. Microsoft People/People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft People/People app: Recently had to reinstall Win 10 Pro on my desktop. People or Microsoft People should have been part of that install, I believe, but maybe not because I believe I kept my files and programs. Regardless, my contacts in People are gone. Apps show I have 'People' but will not...
  5. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  6. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  7. People not showing in people app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    People not showing in people app: Hi I have a contact that I cannot find and want to delete. When I type an email address, autofill puts the wrong email address. For example I want to send an email to abcdef@123, at some stage it autofills to abch@123. The contact is not in the People App so I can't...
  8. The "PEOPLE" app

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The "PEOPLE" app: How do I get into my "PEOPLE" program to edit information and add more contacts? I click on the icon in my "startup section" but nothing happens; it's as though I haven't clicked the icon at all. Help??!!...
  9. People app

People app: I compose an email in Win 10 mail. I click on the "To". The popup shows "Suggested recipients", not the usual People app list of names .... and I cannot do anything with names in the suggested list, even if I select one. This has to be People app related, right?...
  10. Cannot remove accounts in People app

Cannot remove accounts in People app: Hi, I cannot find out how to remove accounts within the Windows 10 People App. Can anyone tell me how? 31616