Windows 10: Cannot open Settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot open Settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just upgraded. However, I just cannot get Settings to open. On clicking, a window opens and then disappers. Anybody who can help, please? Edge also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by eskay, Aug 4, 2015.

1. eskay Win User

Cannot open Settings in Windows 10

Just upgraded. However, I just cannot get Settings to open. On clicking, a window opens and then disappers. Anybody who can help, please?

Edge also does not work. Type in a URL and I get "This page is having a problem loading".

:)

eskay, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Liezl Fal Win User

Cannot open settings in windows 10

Apologies for the delayed reply. Glad to know that the issue is resolved now. Thank you so much for sharing the steps that you did. Should you ever need any help again, please feel free to post in the community forum anytime.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Aug 4, 2015
  3. ILHOPN Win User
    Cannot open settings in windows 10

I am using the new Surface Pro with OS build number 16299.125.

After resetting the surface pro in remove everything, I can't open setting as a pop-out shows "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association
    in the Default Programs control panel".

I tried to reset my Surface Pro once more but it does not help.

I tried to create another local account to open setting but it doesn't work as well.

Later I tried to use "sfc /scannow", "DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth", "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" in CMD(Administrator).

"sfc scannow" said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

And both "DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" and "DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" said the operation completed successfully.

(Version: 10.0.16299.15; Image Version: 10.0.16299.125)

I also tried to use PowerShell(Administrator) with the code

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

and it shows following

Cannot open Settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Can anyone help me to solve this problem as soon as possible?

Is there any possible way to solve this problem? (Don't know would it be useful but I have another windows 10 computer which is under OS build 16299.125 as well)

ILHOPN, Aug 4, 2015
  4. sn00ker Win User

Well, first thing one would ask is your prior windows version legit not a pirated version ?

sn00ker, Aug 4, 2015
  5. eskay Win User
    Legit. Got the official upgrade.

eskay, Aug 4, 2015
  6. eskay Win User
  7. sn00ker Win User
    sn00ker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot open Settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot open Settings

2. cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open settings: Hi I just purchased a new laptop and it was running fine for a week however as of today I cannot open settings. I am using Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings/58fdc5c0-30a0-40d0-a8b3-86af9b6c4a6f
  3. Cannot open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open settings: I recently bought a new PC laptop with Windows 10 and I am not able to open the settings under the Windows menu. How can I resolve this problem? Thanks for your assistance....
  4. Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Settings app on Windows 10: Hello, I cannot open any of the settings on windows 10. I tried to perform sfc /scannow but the command prompt doesn't run with administrator rights even though I logged in as administrator. I can't create another user account and give administrator rights to it. sfc...
  5. Cannot open network settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network settings windows 10: I see this question has been asked before and is now closed. The advice given appears to be the same as that offered from a search however none of the suggestions have worked for me. I cannot access the network settings by any possible route to change the network, I just get...
  6. cannot open windows 10 setting

cannot open windows 10 setting: how to fix seeting that cannot be opened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-windows-10-setting/092e34a8-09db-45ec-aec1-8ee41d9dcfdf
  7. Cannot open Windows settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot open Windows settings: I have been unable to open the settings on windows 10 since a recent update. The app is stuck at the blue window with the settings logo for about a minute or so before closing on it's own. I tried to open the settings from the command prompt but it too waits and says that...
  8. cannot open settings in Windows 10

cannot open settings in Windows 10: When I click on the Settings icon nothing happens. How do I get Settings to open? thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-settings-in-windows-10/88b2b190-4090-44ef-a715-5b6162065d91
  9. Cannot open the setting

Cannot open the setting: Hello there. I recently update my window 10. After the update, I cannot open the settings. I need the solution to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-the-setting/5bc5b93b-7035-4171-8fb2-3c867efd86f7
  10. Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open Display Settings in Windows 10: The problem here is simple or at least I THINK it is. There's no customization tab to change the ico look of the folders I want to change. I tried using Local Group Policy Editor, (Disable the Display Control Panel) didn't do anything I tried to also fix the issue by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot open settings

2. win 10 cannot open settings

3. cannot open windows 10 settings