Windows 10: Cannot open volume bar or search feature

Discus and support Cannot open volume bar or search feature in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks upgraded win ten on the 29th no problems , everything worked shmick Now all the sudden when i want to change the volume on the taskbar it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nitehawk, Jul 31, 2015.

1. nitehawk Win User

Cannot open volume bar or search feature

Hi folks upgraded win ten on the 29th no problems , everything worked shmick
    Now all the sudden when i want to change the volume on the taskbar it wont open , I used to be able to right click on volume and it would open with a slider bar now i have to right click to open volume mixer to change the volume..
    is anyone else having these issues or is it an isolated thing?
    also i cannot open the SEARCH feature in the taskbar just above the RUN command.... everything else opens , except Search and the Volume controls
    i have personally not changed any settings , just kept using the pc as i normally would.
    hopefully someone else is experiencing this..
    Thanks

:)

nitehawk, Jul 31, 2015

2. I cannot open my start menu, or any files.

I just updated to the newest windows 10 version a few days ago, and since then I have been experiencing problems such as

-Cannot open start menu

-Cannot use the Cortana search bar

-I cannot open picture files or music

-Cannot access Wi-Fi menu, volume slider, anything on the lower right side of the bar

And I can only open what apps I have down there, and what is on my start menu.

I have tried doing a scan through the Command Prompt (Admin) and it didn't do anything.

Also, the Error I get from trying to open a file is Class Not Registered, which I have no idea what that means.

MovieQueen7, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Can not find volume icon. How to find it and pin to taskbar in Windows 10?

All day I have over and over searched for it and did not find it until I opened settings and found volume mixer. I set the volume and even got a speaker for the task bar.

Volume Mixer Speaker/HP

DorothyEvans_990, Jul 31, 2015
  4. nitehawk Win User

well a system restore fixed the issues above , so im wondering if it a windows update that was thrown out..
    anyone else having issues?

nitehawk, Jul 31, 2015
  5. kingGame Win User
    Hey, I'm having the same issue. I've tried restoring my system but it didn't solve the problem..

kingGame, Jul 31, 2015
  6. nitehawk Win User
    well im glad im not the only one.. is anyone else having issues? please let us know
    i did a restore right up at the date and time of the windows 10 install. 29th , restore point was set at the time the install finished and it was running good.
    try that...good luck
    im wondering if its a windows update thats doing it? will know when the updates run again

nitehawk, Jul 31, 2015
  7. kingGame Win User
    Guess not.. well damn.

kingGame, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot open volume bar or search feature - Similar Threads - Cannot open volume

2. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar: Hi, is there any way to disable all these things which are marked in red on the image? My search bar is very slow due to my very very low PC specifications. On top of that, all this random stuff that I do not require is shown. I only want a search bar like how it was in...
  3. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar: Hi, is there any way to disable all these things which are marked in red on the image? My search bar is very slow due to my very very low PC specifications. On top of that, all this random stuff that I do not require is shown. I only want a search bar like how it was in...
  4. Disable Unnecessary Features in Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

Search Bar cannot be interacted with.: Clicking on the search bar on the task bar does nothing, pressing the windows key opens the start menu but doesn't allow for typing in the search box. The search bar in File Explorer behaves similarly. This is likely a result of my tampering with certain files earlier, namely...
  6. Cannot type in search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  7. Cannot type in search bar.

Cannot type in search bar.: The search bar appears, and I can click on it and also paste things, but I cannot type anything in it. Whatever I tried to do according to other posts, it only fixes it during the current session, and after a reboot, it is malfunctioning again. Please help....
  8. Search bar not opening

in Cortana
    Search bar not opening: I'm on the most recent version of windows 10 and whenever I use a shortcut that requires the windows key or I click on the search bar it automatically closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-opening/691960a6-7d27-430d-9734-04a8ac06414f
  9. Windows 10... Cannot open search bar, notification center, calendar, volume, wifi, etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10... Cannot open search bar, notification center, calendar, volume, wifi, etc.: I don't know why this keeps happening, but I am assuming it is some sort of corrupted system file. Basically, I cannot do any basic windows functions. I can open any program and use it completely normally, but I cannot use basic windows functions such as calendar,...
  10. Task Bar search feature

in Cortana
    Task Bar search feature: The Cortana feature next to my search box works. But when I attempt to type in the search box, nothing appears. I attempted to fix it through the Task Manager function, by right clicking the search feature and clicking end task. That didn't work. How can I fix the search...