Windows 10: Cannot pin MS Word and Excel Icons to taskbar on LEFT next to Start

Discus and support Cannot pin MS Word and Excel Icons to taskbar on LEFT next to Start in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I was able to pin PPT icon, but not the other two. Please help. Thanks in advance! [img] 61664 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jhmr, Aug 26, 2016.

1. jhmr Win User

Cannot pin MS Word and Excel Icons to taskbar on LEFT next to Start

I was able to pin PPT icon, but not the other two. Please help. Thanks in advance!

Cannot pin MS Word and Excel Icons to taskbar on LEFT next to Start [​IMG]

:)

2. MikeIP6 Win User

How to pin applications to taskbar with windows 10

Hi,

Just bought a new PC with Windows 10 and installed MS Office Home & Student 2016

I can pin Word to both Start and Taskbar

BUT the option to pin to Taskbar does not appear for either Excel or Powerpoint when I right click on their icon - whether they are on the desktop, in the list of Apps in the start menu or even in the programs folder in the bowels of the file system

How can I pin Excel to the Taskbar?

MikeIP6, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro 1511 Start menu

What happens if you right click on the start button?

The new Desktop and the changes to the Start Menu in Windows 10 can be quite a challenge for a user migrating from Windows 7. It is important therefore to customise the displays to suit the way you wish to work and to give easy access to the
    programmes you use regularly.

If you use two or three programmes much of the time you may find it convenient to pin programmes to the Taskbar and use Jump Lists. In the first image below you will see a total of 15 programme icons including Excel, Word, Internet Explorer,
    and other less known programmes pinned to the Taskbar. It is for you to choose what appears there. What follows next is one way how to do it.

The program files for the principal Office 2010 components are:

Excel = excel.exe

Outlook = outlook.exe

Word = winword.exe

If you need other exe file details please ask.

You can open or run any program e.g., Excel, by selecting the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type excel.exe and press the ENTER
    key. An Excel work sheet opens and an icon is temporarily added to the taskbar, usually at the bottom of the screen. Right click on the icon and select
    Pin to taskbar. The next time you want to open Excel you click the icon. If you right click the icon you will see recent Excel files you have opened. You can click any recent file to open the file. If you want to be able to
    access a particular Excel file regularly right click the file and select
    Pin to this list
    . The right click options linked to the taskbar icons are known as Jump lists. You can use these procedures with Word, Outlook and many other programmes.

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 26, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Go to the Program Files folder containing Office (in my case Office 2010). Locate the applications for Word and Excel (example is Excel). R-click Send to Desktop shortcut

R-click Desktop shortcut, click Pin to taskbar and move into desired position.

Have you tried from the Start button ?

mrgeek, Aug 26, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I Unlock the Taskbar, Pin programs then drag them around to how I want them displayed. It has become a bit different in Win10 [maybe in Win8/8.1, can't remember] but perseverance works.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot pin MS Word and Excel Icons to taskbar on LEFT next to Start - Similar Threads - Cannot pin Word

2. How to pin Excel pinned files to taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin Excel pinned files to taskbar icon?: When I open Excel and click file/open, I have 5 files in the pinned section. However, in the taskbar icon, there are only two of those files in the pinned section. Clicking on the pin icon next to a file, doesn't move it to the pinned section of files in the taskbar.Any...
  3. How to pin Excel pinned files to taskbar icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin Excel pinned files to taskbar icon?: When I open Excel and click file/open, I have 5 files in the pinned section. However, in the taskbar icon, there are only two of those files in the pinned section. Clicking on the pin icon next to a file, doesn't move it to the pinned section of files in the taskbar.Any...
  4. Excel Taskbar Icon not showing pinned workbooks

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Taskbar Icon not showing pinned workbooks: The Office 365 Excel Taskbar icon will not show list of pinned workbooks. I have to open Excel and then select from pinned workbooks. The windows update assistant was used to do an update install, keep programs and files. Win10 x64 version 1909 (OS build 18262.657) 150619
  5. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  6. Unable to start Excel and Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to start Excel and Word: I have windows 10 and I have on my machine Office 2016. I have the icons for word, excel and one note on the task bar. One note will open with the usual double click on its icon however neither word nor excel will open without highlighting the icon and selecting open as...
  7. Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working

Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working: I have used the method described here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/pin-f...enu-windows-10 to add shortcuts to office docs to the start menu/tiles. The shortcuts appear immediately (no restart required) but they only open the program and not the actual document. Eg. Excel or...
  8. Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned excel/word start menu shortcuts not working: I have used the method described here https://www.thewindowsclub.com/pin-f...enu-windows-10 to add shortcuts to office docs to the start menu/tiles. The shortcuts appear immediately (no restart required) but they only open the program and not the actual document. Eg. Excel or...
  9. Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

Pin Excel to start and or taskbar: Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often 100276
  10. Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?: Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list. Don't see these options anymore. 8123

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cannot pin word to the taskbar