Windows 10: Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

Discus and support Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tanya Milli Pico, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents is to navigate there manually starting from the Windows C: folder. Is Microsoft just punishing me for unlinking OneDrive?

:)

Tanya Milli Pico, Mar 2, 2024

2. How to restore original Documents folder (not Onedrive's) if I had not enough space in onedrive?

It sounds like your Documents folder may have been synced to OneDrive at some point, and now your computer is configured to use the OneDrive version of the folder instead of the local version.

To restore the original Documents folder on your computer, you will need to unsync or unlink the Documents folder from OneDrive. Here are the steps to do this:

1. Open the OneDrive settings by right-clicking on the OneDrive icon in the system tray and selecting "Settings".
    2. Go to the "Account" tab and click on "Unlink this PC".
    3. Confirm that you want to unlink the PC from OneDrive.
    4. After unlinking, OneDrive will ask you if you want to keep a copy of the files on your PC or remove them. Choose to keep a copy of the files on your PC.
    5. OneDrive will then start to remove the sync relationship with your Documents folder. This may take some time depending on how many files you have in the folder and your internet connection speed.
    Once the sync relationship has been removed, you should be able to access the local version of the Documents folder on your computer. You can then configure your computer to use the local version of the folder instead of the OneDrive version by following these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the OneDrive folder on your computer.
    2. Right-click on the Documents folder and select "Properties".
    3. In the "Location" tab, click on the "Move" button.
    4. Choose a location for the local version of your Documents folder (e.g. C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents).
    5. Click on "Apply" and confirm that you want to move the files from the old location to the new location.
    6. After the files have been moved, your computer should start using the local version of the Documents folder instead of the OneDrive version.
    I hope this helps you restore your Documents folder to its original state!

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

Shivam.Pandey, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

If i am clear with your description, you want to unlink Onedrive from where is synced rigth now and start a syncrhonization in the following path C:\Users\jjcla\Documents is that correct?

Then after you follow my suggestion you can achieve it, and also can choose the files you want to sync following this steps:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose...

Neftali Ramirez, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

Help - OneDrive/Quick Access bypass not working

Sorry for the late reply. I missed your post somehow. *Sad

By default, the Documents from the Start list opens to Documents in This PC. The Documents folder in This PC is just a link of your "C:\Users\(user-name)\Documents" folder though.

Since it opens to your OneDrive location instead, it sounds like you have Documents set to save to OneDrive by default. You can use the same steps in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to set Documents to save to the default This PC only again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive 46690d1485959188t-help-onedrive-quick-access-bypass-not-working-documents_onedrive.png

Brink, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

1. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive - Similar Threads - Cannot pin OneDrive

2. Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin OneDrive Documents folder to Quick Access after unlinking OneDrive: I have windows 11 pro. I recently unlinked OneDrive from my PC. Now my Quick Access no longer shows the shortcut to C:\Users\tanya\OneDrive\Documents. I tried to manually add the shortcut back to Quick Access, but nothing happens. The only way to get back to...
  3. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  4. Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access

Documents folder not pinning to Quick Access: It's a full clean install of windows 11 done yesterday. Everything is working absolutely fine but I accidently unpinned the documents folder from the quick access menu and I can't seem to be able to pin my most important Documents folder back in the quick access. I always...
  5. Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive: I have a new PC that connected with Onedrive as soon as I started using it. Since there was too much data on my PC, I logged out and stopped syncing. By doing so, both the Pictures and Documents folders disappeared from the Quick Access menu even though they are visible in...
  6. Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive

Can't Pin Pictures and Documents to Quick Access after disconnecting to Onedrive: I have a new PC that connected with Onedrive as soon as I started using it. Since there was too much data on my PC, I logged out and stopped syncing. By doing so, both the Pictures and Documents folders disappeared from the Quick Access menu even though they are visible in...
  7. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  8. Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access

Cannot pin the Documents folder to quick access: It is as simple as that. I try to pin it and it just does not work. I tried right clicking and selecting pin to quickstart , it did not work. Then I tried to drag it to quick start and it did not work either.This only started happening until I decided that I did not want one...
  9. Unlink Local Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink Local Documents folder from OneDrive: Currently, my local Documents folder is my OneDrive's Documents folder. I want a separate and LOCAL Documents folder along with my cloud saved OneDrive Documents folder. The Documents folder is present in C:\users\___, but it is not the default folder used for documents....
  10. Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink my Documents folder from OneDrive: I recently reinstalled Windows and installed OneDrive, but did not launch it until yesterday. When I did I noticed that a large number of files were uploading - these were saved games, config files etc. from games saved in my Documents folder. As far as I have been able to...