Windows 10: Cannot pin progs to toolbar since last update

Discus and support Cannot pin progs to toolbar since last update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 has just updated and I now cannot access my old desktop profile. In addition, all my regular programs that were pinned to the toolbar have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PaulBear, Dec 22, 2015.

1. PaulBear Win User

Cannot pin progs to toolbar since last update

Win10 has just updated and I now cannot access my old desktop profile.
    In addition, all my regular programs that were pinned to the toolbar have disappeared as well as their listing in 'All Apps' unless they are MS progs. So Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox are not there, I started them from the program folders and clicked to 'pin to toolbar' but when I close them they do not stay pinned.
    When I try to click into This PC\Desktop an error box appears saying:-

Location is not available
    C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop is not available
    Access is denied

Any help would be gratefully received.

:)

PaulBear, Dec 22, 2015

2. Microsoft Store app not working : Windows 10

if it's on your computer, try this: Settings-Update&Security-Activation-Click on "Go to Store" button-right click on Store icon on toolbar(desktop toolbar)-Click "pin to toolbar"

TerryAleith, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Push notifications and FB-chat messages are delayed

Have you updated your smartphone through the menu "settings -> update your phone"?

I have noticed significant faster and more consistent notifications after the last update (Lumia Black) and newest version of the Facebook application.

Remember to pin the "messages screen" on your start screen from within the Facebook app (open Facebook app, go to messages, and then hit then "pin" icon on the bottom toolbar). That will make new messages appear as notifications.

KristianBak, Dec 22, 2015
  4. mrgeek Win User

Can you access desktop in Safe Mode using Admin logon ? If you can, you have a corrupted profile. Create a new User and try to log on with that one.

mrgeek, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot pin progs to toolbar since last update - Similar Threads - Cannot pin progs

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  5. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  7. 3fps since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3fps since last update: Since the last update the simulator runs at 3fps. Prior to that I was running on Ultra settings at 40fps plus. I have even tried running with everything on low graphics settings but this makes no difference. The only time the frame rate goes back to normal is if I hit the...
  8. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538