Windows 10: Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar

Discus and support Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm having a problem, which I have no idea why it's happening. I recently installed Windows 10, and everything was fine until I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sanorin, Aug 17, 2015.

1. sanorin Win User

Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar

Hi everyone. I'm having a problem, which I have no idea why it's happening. I recently installed Windows 10, and everything was fine until I started installing my programs and wanted to pin the ones I use most to the taskbar.

Some of them can be pinned to the taskbar, but others can't for some reason. Even though they have the option "Pin to taskbar" when I right click, nothing happens after I click it, they don't get pinned. I have tried all methods described in this article.

This is a screenshot of my desktop with all icons that can be pinned to the taskbar in green, and the ones that can't be pinned in red (examples: Steam, AIMP, CCleaner, Word). Note that "metro" apps can be added without any problem. Also, I didn't have this issue in Windows 8/8.1.

Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar [​IMG]

And here examples of the methods I have tried.

(right click from desktop shortcut)

(right click from start menu)

(right click from taskbar after opening the program)

Any ideas? I would very much appreciate any help.

:)

sanorin, Aug 17, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Editor

Please explain what you mean.

Are you asking how to add an icon for some application called Editor to the Taskbar?

If so, right-click on any existing shortcut to Editor [whatever that is] and select Pin to taskbar. If you cannot find an existing shortcut then look in your Start menu, right click on it, hover over More then select Open file location - that will take
    you to a shortcut for it.

Denis

Tryx3, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Change taskbar icon?

You can change the icons for Pinned taskbar shortcuts from this folder:

%Appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

(Type that in Explorer address bar, or Run dialog.)

For Windows installer shortcuts the target can't be changed. In that case, you need to delete the existing shortcut and create a new shortcut for that program manually, and then Pin it to Taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 17, 2015
  4. sanorin Win User

sanorin, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot pin shortcuts

2. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  3. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts: I have 4 word documents pinned to the taskbar shortcut menu - when I right-click the word tab on the taskbar, they pop up along with recently used Word files. Is there any way to reorder the pinned files?...
  4. reordering pinned taskbar shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. some shortcuts not allowed to be pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    some shortcuts not allowed to be pinned to the taskbar: can anyone tell me why this is. when I drag some of them to the TB in win 10, the icon/widget that accompanies it is a red circle with a line through it. like an empty set symbol in mathematics. I've seen that many times before with random shortcuts. there is no pattern...
  6. cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes

cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes: can you guys tell me why this is? in the first image below, I am attempting to put a shortcut icon in the taskbar and windows does not create a space for it. perhaps because the file is an ''xlsx'' and excel is already in the bar? in the 2nd image, it **does** create a...
  7. Pinned shortcuts to taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinned shortcuts to taskbar: Hi, Shortcuts pinned to Edge and Excel on tasksbar in Windows 10 cannot be moved up and down with the mouse like I used to in Windows 7. Is this no longer possible in Windows 10 or do I have an error or setting that can be fixed? If so any suggestions are welcome....
  8. Cannot pin to Taskbar

Cannot pin to Taskbar: I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine. I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?...
  9. pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    pin shortcuts to the firefox icon in taskbar: I have always had shortcuts pinned to my Firefox icon in my taskbar like windows 10 forum,the login for my work place, you tube,ETC.but the short cuts are gone on my windows 32 they are still on my win.64 ..When I drag a short to my win.32 Firefox Icon in taskbar it says pen...
  10. Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcut to Sound to taskbar: I have a shortcut to ControlPanel/Sound: %windir%\system32\mmsys.cpl which I'd like to pin to the taskbar. The open window has no pin option. I tried dragging mmsys.cpl to the tasbar, which created a pinned icon but the icon brings up the Default programs window, not sound....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW YOU CAN PIN icons on taskbar AND SOME OTHER NOT