Windows 10: Cannot pin to Taskbar

Discus and support Cannot pin to Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pansy57, Aug 24, 2018.

1. pansy57 Win User

Cannot pin to Taskbar

I have a brand new HP Pavilion laptop. Why is there no Pin to Taskbar? When I bought my new PC I believed I would have all my usual functions plus up to date facilities of a new machine.

I my pc faulty or is it Microsoft being mean for the sake of it?

:)

pansy57, Aug 24, 2018

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Cannot pin to Taskbar :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 24, 2018
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Cannot pin to Taskbar

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Cannot pin to Taskbar

1. Cannot pin to Taskbar - Similar Threads - Cannot pin Taskbar

2. Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default: Having 2 weird issues with my new windows 11 install. 1- I download chrome and drag the icon over the task bar and it shows a red circle showing I cannot add it to the task bar. 2- I click into Chrome from apps and I do not get a “set as default browser” button so I can’t set...
  3. Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default: Having 2 weird issues with my new windows 11 install. 1- I download chrome and drag the icon over the task bar and it shows a red circle showing I cannot add it to the task bar. 2- I click into Chrome from apps and I do not get a “set as default browser” button so I can’t set...
  4. cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10: Hey guys,I've tried all three ways I know to pin my Outlook desktop client to my taskbar in Windows 10, but none work:1 Drag and Drop: when I drag the icon over the taskbar I see a 'Do Not Enter' sign and the icon will not pin2 Right-clicking on the icon on my desktop: there...
  5. cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10

cannot pin outlook to taskbar windows 10: Hey guys,I've tried all three ways I know to pin my Outlook desktop client to my taskbar in Windows 10, but none work:1 Drag and Drop: when I drag the icon over the taskbar I see a 'Do Not Enter' sign and the icon will not pin2 Right-clicking on the icon on my desktop: there...
  6. cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot pin shortcuts to taskbar sometimes: can you guys tell me why this is? in the first image below, I am attempting to put a shortcut icon in the taskbar and windows does not create a space for it. perhaps because the file is an ''xlsx'' and excel is already in the bar? in the 2nd image, it **does** create a...
  7. Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar: This is the first time in all my years of using Windows that I've seen an app that won't pin to the taskbar. When I move it over the taskbar, it'll show the symbol. When I press the Windows key and scroll down installed apps, it doesn't show up. It only shows up in the...
  8. Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot pin System Mechanic to taskbar: This is the first time in all my years of using Windows that I've seen an app that won't pin to the taskbar. When I move it over the taskbar, it'll show the symbol. When I press the Windows key and scroll down installed apps, it doesn't show up. It only shows up in the...
  9. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  10. Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar

Cannot pin some shortcuts to taskbar: Hi everyone. I'm having a problem, which I have no idea why it's happening. I recently installed Windows 10, and everything was fine until I started installing my programs and wanted to pin the ones I use most to the taskbar. Some of them can be pinned to the taskbar, but...