Windows 10: Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings everyone: When going to the following page, there is a video, it plays in Chrome but not Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, anyone knows what... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Almighty1, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Almighty1 Win User

Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11

Greetings everyone:

When going to the following page, there is a video, it plays in Chrome but not Internet Explorer 11 or Edge, anyone knows what plug-in is actually used and how to fix it as it's the same reason moji's are not playing in skype.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...e/8d6kgwzl5kdd

Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 [​IMG]

When I try to play the video, it will show the same GUI as the one in Chrome below except it doesn't play in IE or Edge and comes up with a error:

:)

Almighty1, Oct 20, 2015

2. youtube videos are not playing in internet explorer 11 or edge

youtube videos are not playing in internet explorer 11 or edge

Original title: youtube video

mdsalimstc, Oct 20, 2015
  3. How do I play u tube, videos etc on newly installed Windows 10?

Open Internet Explorer 11 or Microsoft Edge or another browser. Make your way to
    www.youtube.com and click a video to play it.

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Almighty1 Win User

In IE 11 and Microsoft Edge, it will show the same player as the above screenshot from Chrome but nothing shows up in the video area while the bottom of the video has the same exact interface on the bottom, this is on microsoft.com so it's funny it plays with Google Chrome but not Microsoft's own browsers:

Almighty1, Oct 21, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
    A in-place upgrade install fixed it although it was a in-place upgrade install before that caused it.

Almighty1, Oct 27, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I just saw this post. When I tried it in Firefox(clicking your link) it went to the page and also automatically opened up the store and offered to play the trailer, which played in the store app.

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  7. Almighty1 Win User
    Yes, I wonder what player is actually used because it seems like Chrome uses the same player and it's a Microsoft site.

Almighty1, Oct 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    Hmm, javascript based it seems.

Almighty1, Oct 27, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    It worked in Edge, IE11, Chrome and Firefox, and of course in store app for me

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2015
  11. Almighty1 Win User
    It works in IE11 after I did the in-place upgrade install back on October 22, 2015. It was working until I did the in-place upgrade install on October 21, 2015. Skype has these emoji's which seems to be related to IE11 as they won't play when the player doesn't work in IE11. Others are having the problem too and it's not related to the Windows version either.

Almighty1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot play video with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Cannot play video

2. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  3. Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: Hi Community,I’ve been trying to access an internet explorer website using my macbook on microsoft edge. however the website prompts me to download internet explorer 11 or higher in order to access.however i have not found a solution....
  4. mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mircosoft edge and internet explorer 11: I am using a ford site for work and I need just internet explorer 11 and for some reason it keeps changing over to Microsoft edge and then I cant get my work done because the site is not compatible with edge! so how do I fix this?? both of my laptops are new and use windows...
  5. internet explorer , not microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet explorer , not microsoft edge: hi all, I took my internet explorer off my task bar and now I cant use anything but Microsoft EDGE , which I hate. Can anyone tell me how I can get my old internet explorer search engine back? thanks james...
  6. Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Modernizing TLS connections in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: Today, we’re announcing our intent to disable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 by default in supported versions of Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in the first half of 2020.This change, alongside similar announcements from other browser vendors, supports...
  7. Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video won't play on my Microsoft Edge: Videos (on YouTube, Factbook, etc) play fine on my Google account but freeze, flash or go black when I try to play them on Edge. I've checked to make sure my adobe player is on in advanced settings. Anyone have the same problem? This only started happening in the past few...
  8. Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer

in Browsers and Email
    Stuttering streaming video playback in Edge and Internet Explorer: Hi folks. @ppappas Using a browser for streaming Video can cause stuttering for basically all or any of these reasons 1) Internet connection slow can be either on your ISP provider or the source streaming site server is busy or both. 2) Poor or slow I/O - Slow...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: I play a game that when I click on a link in the Chat it opens my browser and opens it directly to the link, but my Default browser is Microsoft Edge but, it always opens for me Internet Explorer 11. Can anyone help me in this please? 31738
  10. RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    RC4 is now deprecated in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11: In September 2015, Microsoft announced the end-of-support for the RC4 cipher in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 in 2016, as there is consensus across the industry that RC4 is no longer cryptographically secure. Today, we are releasing KB3151631 with the August 9,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i use edge to play a video it opens in explorer 11

2. intenet-explorer 11 can not play videos

3. videos cannot play on internet explorer

4. can not play video clpip on internet explorer,
  5. internet explorer cannot play videos,
  6. we cannot play the video in this browser explorer 11