Windows 10: cannot post photos on any part of facebook

Discus and support cannot post photos on any part of facebook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; this problem starte a few days ago. when trying to figure out what might have changed, i realized i had changed firefox to 64 bit. however, the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by circe801, Apr 13, 2017.

1. circe801 Win User

cannot post photos on any part of facebook

this problem starte a few days ago.
    when trying to figure out what might have changed, i realized i had changed firefox to 64 bit.
    however, the problem also occurs on chrome.
    i cannot post photos to my timeline, friends' timelines, in comments or in messages.
    see screenshots.
    any advice??
    thanks!!!

:)

circe801, Apr 13, 2017
  2. Arun B J Win User

Copy photo from internet to my photos

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How are you accessing your Facebook?

• Is it through Facebook App or web browser?
    You cannot drag and drop the photo from Facebook, you need to download the photo from the Facebook or you can save the photo in any location.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 13, 2017
  3. facebook app

I have a nokia 520 and have tried uploading photos on the facebook app, i select the photos but once it posts to facebook it posts random photos i haven't selected. any idea why it is doing this?

sharon1017, Apr 13, 2017
  4. anonjwm Win User

Have you tried to reinstall any of the browsers, also try resetting Internet Options to default in Control Panel and clearing Internet Data.

anonjwm, Apr 13, 2017
  5. circe801 Win User
    hi, anonjwm. thanks for the reply.
    i've already done that.
    i just discovered that (of course) there is no problem on edge.
    the ony problem is i don't want to use edge.
    i was thinking that this problem might have been the result of one of the 4/12 updates, so i tried to uninstall the only one that might have anything to do with this--the 'cumulative update for windows 10, but when i tried to uninstall it, after several minutes, a popup came up saying that 'some of the updates could not be uninstalled'.
    wonder if this has something to do with it...
    note: i have just reinstalled firefox and there is no change.
    thank you!

circe801, Apr 13, 2017
  6. I had the same problem yesterday on a different browser, it worked an hour later. Seems like FB issue.

TairikuOkami, Apr 13, 2017
  7. circe801 Win User
    well, since this problem started, i have had some other problems (the inability to restore and reset), so i decided to do an in-place upgrade.
    this failed also.
    i finally got it to work by renaming $WINDOWS.~BT
    upgrade completed, problems resolved!!
    UPDATE--problem is back. wish i knew what is going on.
    the internet options suggestion has no effect.

circe801, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cannot post photos on any part of facebook - Similar Threads - cannot post photos

2. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  3. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline: When I use Facebook on Windows 10, either from www.facebook.com or from Mircosoft App Facebook,I cannot create a post on may Timeline. I cannot share my post. Posting is disabled. But I can post on other people Timeline.On the other hand, on my cell phone I can do everything....
  4. Cannot create post on my Facebook Timeline

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Since the downloads I cannot attach any photos or documents to emails, facebook and documents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since the downloads I cannot attach any photos or documents to emails, facebook and documents.: Since the latest downloads to windows 10 I cannot attach any photos to emails, facebook and documents, etc. I need to be able to attach. I have gotten no help from Microsoft. So frustrated. Nothing has been helping, when I did troubleshoot it told me that Microsoft Photo...
  6. Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot upload photos to Facebook comments: Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I cannot post photos/images as a Facebook comment. I can upload them no problem if I start a new post in a group or on my timeline, but images will not upload in the comments section of any post. Was working fine 2 weeks ago....
  7. posting my photos on facebook

posting my photos on facebook: I kmow how to post works fine on Windows 7 but will not post on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-my-photos-on-facebook/2a0a4217-677e-435d-be8b-6afbd363cd16"
  8. Posting a file on facebook

Posting a file on facebook: How do I post a file of photos on my family's facebook page? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/posting-a-file-on-facebook/4a2aca7c-0c33-4c17-9562-d86d9942dfaf"
  9. Not able to post to Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not able to post to Facebook: When I try to post to FB from my desktop the window to which I'm trying to post gets dark then goes away. I switched the PC to my wife's desktop and there are no FB problems, only on my desktop. Any ideas on this one? 79334
  10. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...