Windows 10: Cannot Power PC Off From Lock Screen

Discus and support Cannot Power PC Off From Lock Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm attempting to repair a PC that has a disabled account on it, which seems simple enough from the get-go: Maybe boot into a flash drive, swap out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QuentinX5, Nov 1, 2016.

1. QuentinX5 Win User

Cannot Power PC Off From Lock Screen

So I'm attempting to repair a PC that has a disabled account on it, which seems simple enough from the get-go: Maybe boot into a flash drive, swap out the registry files; possibly even try a few programs to reset the account.
    None of these options were working, and I was trying to figure out why, and I realized that I was using the power button to turn the PC off, which was still keeping it in a hibernated state, making it active. Problem with this, is that any programs I try to use to fix the PC won't be able to recognize the Windows partition, as it is active. So...

Cannot Power PC Off From Lock Screen [​IMG]

Does anyone know how to shut a PC down from the lock screen and turn it off? It seems like it should be simple enough, but I can't even click on the power menu to turn it off (as is shown in the picture). Pressing the okay button just flickers the screen to the regular lock screen, and then brings back up the same message.

:)

QuentinX5, Nov 1, 2016

2. No power button on lock screen

I did a system restore and now my lock screen no longer has a power button. The only options I have to turn off the PC is to login to a user account and turn off from the start menu. I've looked at all the settings and cannot find a way to add the power
    button back to the lock screen.

piccolo0708, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Can't unlock the screen.

On one of my PC Accounts I can not turn off Screen Lock when the display turns off?

Modified title from: Screen Lock

Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

JohnAllen_Over_75, Nov 1, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

Does clicking on anywhere else on that screen yield the shutdown button?

pbcopter, Nov 1, 2016
  5. On mine when I Right Click the power button
    I get 4 options
    I get Shut down, Sleep, Sign out or Restart

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2016
  6. QuentinX5 Win User
    Click anywhere else on the screen does nothing.
    CTRL + ALT + DEL and CTRL + SHIFT + ESC do not display anything.

QuentinX5, Nov 1, 2016
  7. wyldman68 Win User
    Are you holding the power button down for 10-12 seconds. This will actually shut the Laptop off. Worst case pull the battery.

wyldman68, Nov 1, 2016
  8. Cannot Power PC Off From Lock Screen

QuentinX5,

Might not be able to do much under the above circumstances...

Is this a home computer or a work computer that is connected to a domain?

Can you boot into Safe Mode, and check things from there?

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Power PC Off From Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Cannot Power Off

2. Cannot lock PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot lock PC: I am having trouble locking my PC.Doing Windows + L doesn't do anything.I put my PC down for 10 minutes but it still came up with the screen I had before without showing the lock screen.All the tutorials I have tried don't change it....
  3. Cannot lock PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot lock PC: I am having trouble locking my PC.Doing Windows + L doesn't do anything.I put my PC down for 10 minutes but it still came up with the screen I had before without showing the lock screen.All the tutorials I have tried don't change it....
  4. Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-cannot-power-off-stop-code/c7a96887-4ed4-42d8-80b8-0c13b7be8992
  5. Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-cannot-power-off-stop-code/c7a96887-4ed4-42d8-80b8-0c13b7be8992
  6. Blue screen. Cannot power off. Stop code: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. turn off lock screen from inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off lock screen from inactivity: I have changed system unattended sleep timeout to 90 minutes and console lock display timeout to 90 min but sometimes by screen will timeout and go to lockscreen within say 5 min. I am using openshell to get rid of windows new interface....
  8. Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is LOCK supposed to turn off power to PC?: On my Old Dell 1440 I run Windows 10 20H2 and use the LOCK (off Start Menu) when I am finished. I am using the Laptop only on AC power usually. I have noticed since about last 1-2 weeks that my PC never powers off, i.e., Power Button remains on. Prior to that, when I did a...
  9. Windows 10 does not lock when the screen powers off in spotlight

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 does not lock when the screen powers off in spotlight: I am using windows 10 pro 2004 version 19041.388 In the lock screen settings when I pick the background as windows spotlight when the screen powers off due to inactivity, when I move the mouse the screen comes back without the asking for password. When I pick the background...
  10. Shutdown using power button from lock screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown using power button from lock screen: My problem is that Windows will not shut the computer down when you press the power button (physical button on the computer, not the button on the log in screen) at the lock screen or log in screen. Is there a setting or registry I have to change to allow this to function...