Cannot print after 1803

Discus and support Cannot print after 1803 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Statman, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:02 AM.

1. Statman Win User

Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks.

One person has an HP Color Laserjet and a Savin Color Laserjet, both network printers. When trying to print to either printer, Windows immediately comes back with a message that says "problem initializing current printer - check settings". I have tried clearing the printer spool folder contents, uninstalling/reinstalling the printer software (also tried compatibility mode installation), and running the troubleshooter. Nothing has worked. Windows 'sees' the printers on the network, but doesn't even try to print to them. The Print Spool Service is set to automatic.

A couple other computers have similar problems, with different printers attached.

I cannot figure this out. The printers worked fine before the update. Any suggestions?

:)

2. SujataMoktan Win User

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
  3. Niranjan Manjhi Win User
    Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
  4. Azaruddin Syed Win User

Cannot print after 1803

Microsoft Edge "Print Email" not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to make sure that you made the following settings and check if you are able to print.

Step 1:

• Open MS Edge and click on more actions [...]

• Click on Settings and select
      Print

• Choose your printer from the list and check if you are able to print.

Step 2:

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
Thema:

Cannot print after 1803

Cannot print after 1803 - Similar Threads - Cannot print 1803

1. Cannot print after update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print after update to version 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...
  2. Cannot print Attachments to emails in Windows 10

Cannot print Attachments to emails in Windows 10: I am not able to print attachments to emails in Windows 10 in any browsers. I get the option to view but then the print function does not work. If I try to download I only get the options to Save or Save As. Can anyone help? Thanks. Frank 61422
  3. Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail

Cannot print from Windows 10 Edge or Mail: I can use my printer OK from various apps / programs such as browsers and email clients but not at all from the key Windows 10 apps: Edge and Mail. When I try, I get the printer menu page but then (in red) a statement that the printer cannot be found. I can print from...
  4. I cannot print offline

I cannot print offline: Don't know what is going on but I get this message everytime i try to print from my laptop. Any tutorial's to fix it please? 65817
  5. Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10

Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10: I have run into this problem with more than one laptop. I have an ASUS gaming laptop and a Xerox ColorQube at home. Over the WiFi, my laptop can see our printer. Heck, I can even print to it with no problems IF I am hardwired into our network. But if I try to print over the...
  6. Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

Cannot print photos but can print everything else.: Using HP Photosmart C4600 printer/OEM Windows 10/ Windows Photo Viewer. When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this picture". 45998
  7. cannot print to shared XP printer from 10

cannot print to shared XP printer from 10: I've an old printer, drivers are only available for XP. It is connected to the parallel port on the laptop. It is shared from an XP laptop via wifi/ router. My Win 7 machines all print to the printer My Win 10 machine does NOT show the XP system or anything shared from...
Cannot print after 1803 solved