Windows 10: Cannot print after update to version 1803

Discus and support Cannot print after update to version 1803 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Statman, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Statman Win User

Cannot print after update to version 1803

Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks.

One person has an HP Color Laserjet and a Savin Color Laserjet, both network printers. When trying to print to either printer, Windows immediately comes back with a message that says "problem initializing current printer - check settings". I have tried clearing the printer spool folder contents, uninstalling/reinstalling the printer software (also tried compatibility mode installation), and running the troubleshooter. Nothing has worked. Windows 'sees' the printers on the network, but doesn't even try to print to them. The Print Spool Service is set to automatic.

A couple other computers have similar problems, with different printers attached.

I cannot figure this out. The printers worked fine before the update. Any suggestions?

:)

Statman, Jun 12, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 13, 2018
  3. Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jun 13, 2018
Thema:

Cannot print after update to version 1803

1. Cannot print after update to version 1803 - Similar Threads - Cannot print update

2. Cannot print after installing Version 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot print after installing Version 2004: I just updated Windows to version 2004 and I cannot print to my Brother MFC-L2700DW printer. My other computer is still on version 1903 and it can print with no issues. I have turned off all firewall and virus protection while re-installing the print drivers and rebooting...
  3. The audio device cannot be found after update of windows version 1803

The audio device cannot be found after update of windows version 1803: I have tried all troubleshooting guidance's for the correction...but it doesn't worked, plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-audio-device-cannot-be-found-after-update-of/88537de9-a324-47ef-8cdf-8ede33dc5155
  4. Cannot update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to version 1803: Split from this thread. I have just purchased a new laptop today, and it is having problems downloading the update to Version 1803. It keeps saying "couldn't install bc the power is off", which is not the case...what should I do? Kind of a newbie but, learning quickly :) TY...
  5. Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803

Cannot finish Update to Windows 10 version 1803: Receive message that install of update to windows 10 version 1803 can't complete because app, Avira AntiVir couldn't be uninstalled. When I go to uninstall manually this app, it is not found. I am unable to install other apps that I need because of this. How do I resolve?...
  6. version 1803 update

version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  7. Cannot print after 1803

Cannot print after 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...
  8. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: I downloaded this version with no problem and had no problem. After the download I noticed a significant change in my speed. I am with Verizon FIOS 50GB speed. 109147
  9. iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update: Hi there Switch Ipod off completely. Switch on again. Plug into a USB 2 port (if you still have any of those on the machine) see if computer recognized device. Sometimes the chips in these things - especially older hardware aren't recognized by USB 3 ports even when...
  10. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: Sorry about the confusion. This morning my speed is 57MBPS down--51 UP is that Mega BYTE or mega bit, there's quite a difference ? MBps (MB/s) or Mbps (Mb/s). 57 MByte = 456 Mbit

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows version 1803 cant print

2. cant print with windows new version of 1803

3. windows print to pdf 1803

4. windows 10 1803 pdf fails to print,
  5. windows 10 version 1903 upgrade cannot print unable to create print job,
  6. cannot print after windows 10 update,
  7. unable to print after updating to 1803,
  8. unable to print after 1803 update,
  9. windows 1803 cannot print with hp printers