Windows 10: Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have run into this problem with more than one laptop. I have an ASUS gaming laptop and a Xerox ColorQube at home. Over the WiFi, my laptop can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dragondame, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10

I have run into this problem with more than one laptop. I have an ASUS gaming laptop and a Xerox ColorQube at home. Over the WiFi, my laptop can see our printer. Heck, I can even print to it with no problems IF I am hardwired into our network. But if I try to print over the WiFi, it will not print. Sometimes, I can reboot my laptop and then it will print half the document (if it's several pages).

I work in IT and have upgraded several people to Windows 10, and any of them with laptops trying to print to a networked printer cannot print over the WiFi. Again, their laptop will detect the printer, but it simply will not print. I have not tried any of these other laptops over an Ethernet cable, though.

Yes, I have installed the latest printer drivers in all of these instances from the printers' manufacturers' websites.

Yes, I have "troubleshoot" the printer in question to no avail.

What else can I try?

:)

dragondame, Jul 8, 2016
  2. stlsailor Win User

Fax and Scan Won't Recognize External Printer/Fax/Scanner

The printer is set up as a shared network printer over WiFi, and all computers on the network can access it for printing and scanning. Apparently it is only Fax and Scan that cannot recognize it.

stlsailor, Jul 8, 2016
  3. mblack311 Win User
    Cannot Print over Wifi to Network Printers

We do not have a Network administrator, I am the best thing in terms of an IT guy.

The issue also seems to be with my computer not network related since others can still print.

mblack311, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10

I would check the Port assigned and switch it to TCPIP if needed , I have found the WSD Port does not always work but seems to be better in Win10 than it was in Win7

I assume you re-ran the Printer Installer after the upgrade ?

I know Canon released an update for Win10 after the Win10 November Update (1511) but not sure that helps you. With Canon it also downloads a ???? widget? from windows update

Kbird, Jul 8, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10

1. Cannot Print over Wifi in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Print Wifi

2. Wifi printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi printing: Have a new HP printer and new HP laptop. How do i send data to printer over wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-printing/2dfab5b3-5f87-4096-8f91-96bef6640046
  3. Solved - Wifi Printing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solved - Wifi Printing on Windows 10: I have always been able to do Wi-Fi printing on Windows 10 on my Canon printer. Suddenly, I get this Code5, 157, 69.The solution is again suddenly, I can do Wi-Fi printing using Microsoft XPS Document Writer.Although the solution works, I do not understand the rational. Or...
  4. Wifi Printing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Printing on Windows 10: I have always been able to do Wi-Fi printing on Windows 10 on my Canon printer. Suddenly, I get this Code5, 157, 69.The solution is again suddenly, I can do Wi-Fi printing using Microsoft XPS Document Writer.Although the solution works, I do not understand the rational. Or...
  5. Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 IPv4 not working over WiFi: Hello. After some Windows 10 update in August I got network issues on my Asus ROG laptop. When I connect to Wifi on my mobile hotspot I got only access to IPv6 sites google, facebook and can't connect to any IPv4 site i.e. most of the internet. I can't even ping those sites...
  6. Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . The building provides internet thru wired NIC. So we are unable to share...
  7. Cannot print Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print Windows 10: When ever I try to print ANYTHING using Windows 10, a dialog box comes up saying "Save Printed Output As...". I know the first thing you would think of is the default printer setting was goofy, but its not. It is correctly set with my printer as the default. I ran an...
  8. Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network: We have 2 Sharp business networked printer/copiers. I suspect that Windows upgrade 1903 has caused all our Windows laptops to quit being able to print over WiFi. Several Mac OS laptops are able to print fine. Laptops that once could print over WiFi no longer can. After...
  9. Priorotizing LAN over WiFi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Priorotizing LAN over WiFi Windows 10: Windows 10 May upgrade to W10 home changed my LAN priority to WiFi. Need to change back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/priorotizing-lan-over-wifi-windows-10/c611e21b-0fd4-41c3-b6ba-9d185e4b4576
  10. Windows 10 1809 - PDF's printing over and over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 - PDF's printing over and over: We have Windows 10 1809 installed, the latest Adobe Reader and Richo network printers. What we have found is that when sending "some" PDFs it will print over and over but not all the pages. Random pages and each one appears as it's own print job. This happens when using...