Windows 10: Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Deskjet 1051 J410 and can't print since I updated to Windows 10. I have run the troubleshooter & under Details it says it detects a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ejb0618, Feb 16, 2016.

1. ejb0618 Win User

Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10

I have a HP Deskjet 1051 J410 and can't print since I updated to Windows 10. I have run the troubleshooter & under Details it says it detects a problem but doesn't say what it is. The printer shows up under Devices & Printers & says it is working properly & has the most updated device driver. I updated the driver from the HP site but it does say driver 1050 instead of 1051. The printer does not show up under Apps>HP anywhere. I removed the
    pri nter & reinstalled it from the HP site as I do not have the disk. The USB Port disappeared after that. So I know it is not connected to the right port as it is no longer an option under ports to connect to. A page of printer details did print out at one point but I can't print from Office, etc. I unplugged the printer from the back & at the outlet.Plugged it back in & connected to my HP Presario CQ62 Notebook PC. I have restarted my laptop a couple of times. Nothing works. I also get no error messages. Can anyone help please?

:)

ejb0618, Feb 16, 2016
  2. currie-l Win User

I can't find my printer in Windows 10 and it won't print either

since I upgraded to windows 10 I cannot find my printer cannot print

currie-l, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Since Windows 10 upgrade I cannot print a jpeg file even if it is saved to my computer, Windows photo viewer allows me to select print but nothing happens.

Since Windows 10 upgrade I cannot print a jpeg file even if it is saved to my computer, Windows photo viewer allows me to select print but nothing happens.

Juliet Pienaar, Feb 16, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Try this:
    • First, uninstall the printer in Devices and Printers.
    • Disconnect the printer USB cable.
    • Back in Devices and Printers > select any other printer device > at the top, look for Print Server Properties and click it
    • Go to the Drivers Tab > Find the driver for the correct HP printer and uninstall it
    • Go to File Explorer and look for any folders for the correct HP printer and delete them.
    • Restart the PC > leave the printer disconnected
    • Download from HP the most recent driver package for the printer
    • Run the installer > do not connect the printer until asked to > finish the installation.
    • If not automatically offered, go to Devices and Printers > select the new printer > right click > Printer Properties > Print a Test Page.

The printer should now be installed with the correct port assigned.

5. ejb0618 Win User
    I removed the printer in Devices & Printers. I unplugged the printer from the laptop & turned it off. This is the message I got when I tried to remove the driver:
    The following package(s) can not be deleted:
    hpvpl04.inf (x64)
    This package contains the following driver(s) that are in use:
    HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series; This driver is used on:
    HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series
    The following driver(s) can not be deleted:
    Driver HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series (x64) is in use. It is used on:
    HP Deskjet 1050 J410 series

How can I remove it? I tried changing the security settings but that didn't work.

ejb0618, Feb 16, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    I suspect that you may have a phantom instance of the printer installed in the system.

First, go to Uninstall Programs in Windows and see if you can uninstall the printer software there. If there are multiple HP programs, uninstall them all (unless you have multiple HP printers).

Or, see if there is an Uninstall link in the HP folder under All Apps. Or, look through the HP folder the printer was installed to and see if you can see an Uninstall.exe somewhere there. If you find it, run it, then see if you can remove the driver.

Also check the HP website for printers and see if they have an Uninstall tool for all HP printers. That may take some digging, they usually don't show that stuff front-and-center.

7. John035 Win User
    Did you try the HP Print Scan Doctor to diagnose your problem ?

John035, Feb 17, 2016
  8. ejb0618 Win User

I found the ghost printer & removed it. I used the Print & Scan Doctor & finally got an error message: error code 0x803C0103. Then I used the print & scan doctor & got the error code 0x803C0103. I googled it & was instructed to log in to the local account & then log back into my ms account. I logged on as local & then back in with ms account. I found this message in the event viewer: The print spooler failed to load a plug-in module C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\UNIDRVUI.DLL, error code 0xC1. I suspect my user account may be corrupt as it doesn't always show up under users. Any ideas? If it is a corrupted user file what is the best way to transfer or keep my files & settings before I delete the old user? I assume I should create a new one first.

ejb0618, Feb 18, 2016
  9. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    When you delete your current account you will be offered to save certain settings during the process. See here:
    User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

But why not create a test account first, and see if it solves the problem while you are in the Test Account before deleting your current account?

10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
  11. ejb0618 Win User
    I tried all of the above & ended up doing a repair install of Windows 10 & that corrected the problem! Thank you all!

ejb0618, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot print since

2. Upgraded modem, now cannot print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgraded modem, now cannot print: I upgraded my modem recently. both laptop and printer are successfully are connected wirelessly. printer won't print now. what do I need to do to print? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgraded-modem-now-cannot-print/3a604854-591a-402e-aaf0-7ce867f2b6e0
  3. Cannot access microsoft store on PC since upgrading to windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot access microsoft store on PC since upgrading to windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago. I don't recall using the Microsoft store on my PC prior to this. I tried downloading the latest iTunes but can now only do it through the windows store and this wont work on my PC; I have a message saying 'page could not be loaded try...
  4. Printing is very slow since upgrading to Windows 10. Version 1909

Printing is very slow since upgrading to Windows 10. Version 1909: My printer is an Epson ET-2650. Printing is normal from all other devices except my recently updated O.S. from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried resetting spooler didn't help. Reloaded Epson program no help either. It takes almost 10 minutes for page to print....
  5. Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update

Cannot print since latest Windows 10 update: Hi there, One of our users can no longer print since her laptop got the most recent Windows 10 updates (her laptop is up-to-date as of this morning). One of three things happens when she tries to print: -- The application shows all the installed printers in the...
  6. Cannot print Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot print Windows 10: When ever I try to print ANYTHING using Windows 10, a dialog box comes up saying "Save Printed Output As...". I know the first thing you would think of is the default printer setting was goofy, but its not. It is correctly set with my printer as the default. I ran an...
  7. Can't print since updated to Windows 10

Can't print since updated to Windows 10: I have a canon MF8050cn printer. When I installed it on this laptop it won't print. I went to the canon website to update drivers and I can't get that to work. I have tried combability mode but when I hit test the program nothing happens. I'm not sure what I need to do....
  8. can't print since Win 10 upgrade

can't print since Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I upgraded my 4-5 year-old HP Envy laptop from its native Win 8 to Win 10 a few months ago. Since then, I haven't been able to print to my HP Envy 4500 series printer. I *did*, just today, print a configuration page, but I can't print from Notepad, Word, the net,...
  9. Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10: Since upgrading to windows 10 I cannot get on the internet. First error I got was "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" I tried countless solutions: 1. Reinstalling the network protocols (failed due to group policies) 2....
  10. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...