Windows 10: Cannot re-install Windows 10 after having to reset laptop (Solved)

Discus and support Cannot re-install Windows 10 after having to reset laptop (Solved) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Long story short, I have had Windows 10 on my laptop ever since the second I could upgrade it. Last week my laptop got infected with a virus and would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aleahstrauss, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Cannot re-install Windows 10 after having to reset laptop (Solved)

Long story short, I have had Windows 10 on my laptop ever since the second I could upgrade it. Last week my laptop got infected with a virus and would not boot up. I tried everything and the only solution that would work was to reset it to factory condition which brought my laptop back to windows 8.1. I no longer see any notifications popping up telling me I can upgrade to Windows 10. Is there another way I can upgrade or am I stuck with Windows 8.1 for good?

:)

aleahstrauss, Sep 9, 2015

2. RESET THIS PC - I cant reset this pc on windows 10

Few months after I install windows 10, I cannot process the "RESET THIS PC" in settings, in RECOVERY under the UPDATE & SECURITY menu. I would like to re-install windows and uninstall instantly all the programs that slows my laptop.

When I performing the "RESET THIS PC" it will count the PERCENTAGE and after that it will close sometimes restart then suddenly go to desktop. And that's it, it only notes that "NOTHING CHANGE, CANNOT PERFORM RESET" then that's it.

Please help me to solve this problem.

I'm also a beginner to troubleshoot my own laptop. Thanks!

Angelito Manuel Fajardo, Sep 9, 2015
  3. Balajiji Win User
    Drivers error

My laptop brightness cannot reduce after upgraded to windows 10. I am already installed latest version of Graphics driver.How to solve it?

Balajiji, Sep 9, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Cannot re-install Windows 10 after having to reset laptop (Solved)

Hi and welcome to the forum! *Smile

You can use the Media Creation Tool to download Windows 10 again.
    Here is a tutorial: Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums
    In that tutorial, in the section "Here's how" under number 2 click on "step 3: To Upgrade to Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool" and follow the steps on that page.

Joergi, Sep 9, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    And you can also make a DVD or USB install media with it to prevent having to download it again.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot re-install Windows 10 after having to reset laptop (Solved)

1. Cannot re-install Windows 10 after having to reset laptop (Solved) - Similar Threads - Cannot install having

2. How to install Windows 10 after Reset Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Windows 10 after Reset Laptop?: I reset my Laptop and now it shows need to install Windows 10 manually. So please help me how to install this from online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-after-reset-laptop/acdf1d9e-783a-4a4f-9041-7d77e9db58bc
  3. How to install Windows 10 after Reset Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Windows 10 after Reset Laptop?: I reset my Laptop and now it shows need to install Windows 10 manually. So please help me how to install this from online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-10-after-reset-laptop/acdf1d9e-783a-4a4f-9041-7d77e9db58bc
  4. Re-installing Windows after factory reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installing Windows after factory reset: I have reset my laptop back to factory default in preparation to sell the laptop and I'm up the stage where Windows 10 has reloaded and it's now asking for Microsoft account details. I don't particularly want to put my account details now so the buyer can use their details...
  5. Cannot re-download Minecraft after reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot re-download Minecraft after reset: I reset my laptop because I had some problems. But now I cannot download Minecraft that I bought from the Microsoft Store before the reset. I logged into the same account that I had used to purchase Minecraft. It says I should buy it again...
  6. Re-installing apps after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-installing apps after reset: Reset my PC and found that I`d lost all my non Windows apps. i.e Adobe Reader Picasa and a few others. How do I get them back? Especially as I paid for some! . They are all listed under the icon on the desktop some in blue text, some in black. Chris...
  7. Cannot re-install Windows 10 - even after following troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot re-install Windows 10 - even after following troubleshooter: My laptop has been running slowly for a while - McAfee and Malware Bytes do not turn up anything, so I have decided to re-install Windows to see if that helps, as it has been through a lot of update cycles. I followed this:...
  8. Windows 10 Home cannot be activated after re-installation

Windows 10 Home cannot be activated after re-installation: I had an activated installation of Windows 10 Home on my machine. I recently re-installed Windows 10 Home on my machine, using the "Reset this PC" option under the "Recovery" menu Windows Settings >> Update & Security >> Recovery >> Reset this PC The re-installation was...
  9. Re-installed Windows 10 on re-installed virtual machine but cannot activate

Re-installed Windows 10 on re-installed virtual machine but cannot activate: I have a digital licence for Windows 10 Pro which was linked to my Microsoft account prior to my deleting my virtual machine and re-installing it. It's running on an Apple Mac. Having now re-installed Windows 10, I am having problems activating it. On initially looking at my...
  10. [SOLVED] Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change

[SOLVED] Windows 10 re-activation after hardware change: Hello there So I recently bought a new computer setup with all parts bought separate a few weeks ago. However when all the parts arrived there was a fault on motherboard that I couldn't fix. I did try to setup of the software (windows 10 installation and the like to get...