Windows 10: Cannot Record Audio Sound

Discus and support Cannot Record Audio Sound in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I cannot record/capture the audio sound playing from a media player on my laptop desktop. However, the recording software's i've tried using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fanore Beach, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Cannot Record Audio Sound

Hello

I cannot record/capture the audio sound playing from a media player on my laptop desktop. However, the recording software's i've tried using (Audacity) (Total Recorder) picks-up/records the sound from the TV or any other sound in the room.

For some reason unknown i only have microphone showing under the Recording Tab.

(1) I have gone into recordings and there is no sign of (Stereo Mix)
    (2) I have Right Clicked - That shows - Show Disabled Devices & Show Disconnected Devices
    (3) Nothing appears
    (4) I have downloaded and installed - High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)
    (5) I have gone back into recordings and there is no sign of (Stereo Mix)
    (6) I have Right Clicked again - That shows - Show Disabled Devices & Show Disconnected Devices
    (7) Still nothing

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

:)

Fanore Beach, Sep 30, 2016
  2. tutkuks Win User

lumia 925 Audio recording stopped

My Lumia 925 audio recording has stopped working. Not working for Video surround sound recording and even WhatsApp sound recorded messages cannot go. Just hissss sound gets recorded. Can any help how to restore this?

tutkuks, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

I've upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 OEM and after that sound is not recording. Cannot record sound with default recorder or even use it while Skype calling. Audio Player is running fine. Checked Community and tried basic troubleshooting and set ups. Hopeless.

Thank you.

SohamMitra, Sep 30, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Cannot Record Audio Sound

You need Stereo Mix.

Please post your system specs. Can't really help you without knowing what you have.
    Also did this ever work? Is this a PC that was upgraded from some other OS or did it come with Windows 10?

If it never worked, there are some PC's that the PC Vendor has disabled Stereo Mix and you can't enable it. I have that problem on a 1 year old Toshiba Laptop. The only way I can get Stereo Mix would be to use a USB connected sound "card" that has that option. If it were a desktop I could install a sound card with that option.

fireberd, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    @Fanore Beach, welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Check this tutorial from the "Help" file:

Cannot Record Audio Sound [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    The link to the most recent version of that page is:
    http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/t...ng_device.html

Although it states that:
    I seem to have WASPI on mine (probably a leftover from upgrading 7 to 10, I got Audacity while on 7) - works for me...

Cannot Record Audio Sound [​IMG]

7. fireberd Win User
    I have a recording studio (Sonar). Audacity is defaulted to Stereo Mix, it can be changed to mic or Line In but to record streaming audio from the internet (or what is playing on the PC) it needs Stereo Mix. If that is not there I don't think using ASIO or ASIO4ALL (I do not recommend ASIO4ALL as it is known to cause problems) or WDM/KS will help. It needs the Stereo Mix or a 3rd party program that allows recording without stereo mix.

fireberd, Sep 30, 2016
  8. Cannot Record Audio Sound

Thanks for all the replies. I shall take a look at all the information.

Thanks Edwin for your kind welcome!

Fanore Beach, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Record Audio Sound

1. Cannot Record Audio Sound - Similar Threads - Cannot Record Audio

2. why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?: i did below settings..Stereo mix is up to date.in the System>sound>Input , selected stereo mixin Sound>Recording stereo mix is enabled.In the Sound recorder app, stereo mix is selected.When i play any video and record, it doesn't record anything.Works fine with...
  3. why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my windows 11 home Sound recorder is not recording system audio?: i did below settings..Stereo mix is up to date.in the System>sound>Input , selected stereo mixin Sound>Recording stereo mix is enabled.In the Sound recorder app, stereo mix is selected.When i play any video and record, it doesn't record anything.Works fine with...
  4. voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio: I used Voice Recorder and my Recording was Autosaved, File Plays But Doesn't Have Sound. How can i fix this. It is a series of recordings in a period of a 02 weeks....
  5. voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    voice recorder-auto save but no sound for the audio: I used Voice Recorder and my Recording was Autosaved, File Plays But Doesn't Have Sound. How can i fix this. It is a series of recordings in a period of a 02 weeks....
  6. Audio recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio recording: How can I test my microphone on my HP Pavillion to ensure it's working correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-recording/4102eee7-05c3-4fca-b19d-ad466c42980c
  7. Recording Audio

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recording Audio: I'm trying to set up a recording studio using my laptop and aNd confused how to do it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-audio/fc17e0de-215e-4538-a80b-7359945286f2
  8. sound recorder

sound recorder: hello, I am facing a problem regarding my sound recorder. The recorded sound are played without volume. May I plz find the solution for my problem. Thank you with regards manjar...
  9. audio sound recording using adobe audition software

audio sound recording using adobe audition software: i am not able to change the sampling rate of stm32 microphones which is fixed at 2 channel 16 bit 16000Hz. kindly help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-sound-recording-using-adobe-audition/dd3d84d7-3ee9-468f-9ff8-502aa7c33db6
  10. Audio recording of PC sounds not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio recording of PC sounds not working properly: Hello, I have an issue with recording my screen while i'm gaming. When i record, the audio sounds muffled and gives a sort of echo, which makes you unable to hear what others are saying in the video. No matter which recording tool i use, i get the same problem. I have no...