Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

Discus and support Cannot reinstall april update after rollback in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RPRiley, Jul 11, 2018 at 6:13 PM.

1. RPRiley Win User

a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big thing at the time. now i'm trying to reinstall it since the buzz has gone away, but windows update says im up to date and the log says ive updated to 1803, even though my system still says im running 17**. is there some way to direct download the update from somewhere or reset the log so it stops thinking i've already updated or something?

:)

2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot reinstall april update after rollback :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback scu-png.png

Thema:

1. Cannot reinstall april update after rollback - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall april

2. Reinstalled Windows 10 But Cannot Activate - Error code: 0x8007007B

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalled Windows 10 But Cannot Activate - Error code: 0x8007007B: Hi, I reinstalled Windows 10 from my original copy on USB. I am unable to activate the OS in Settings due to the following error code Error code: 0x8007007B "The file name, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect." Please advise....
  3. Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Devices Automatically Reinstall, and cannot be unpaired: The issue is; when I pair a device with my computer using Bluetooth I am no longer able to unpair, or even uninstall the device, as if i do, somehow windows will just automatically reinstall it even if it's not connected. This means that if i connect the device to something...
  4. cannot see JPEG's on reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot see JPEG's on reinstall: The laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad) came to us because it was running very, very slow - unusable. We got the lady's files off and I put a fresh copy of W10 on asking it to keep user files. The install seemed to go well enough and everything seemed OK when I got in again, but there...
  5. Cannot reinstall 3 favorite programs with Version 1607 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reinstall 3 favorite programs with Version 1607 update: My desktop and laptop have updated to Version 1607, Build 14393.187 (Windows 10 Home), and the update conveniently uninstalled three of my favorite programs--Windows Movie Maker 6, Chess Titans, and Spider Solitaire. I had installed Chess Titans and Spider Solitaire...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair Loop and Cannot Reinstall: So my friend's PC just started doing this today. He went to search for something in his computer and got the error "Cortana has encountered a critical error". His PC then restarted and now is in the automatic repair loop. He cannot reinstall... When he goes to tries to Keep...
  7. Fall upgrade failed to install, PC cannot reinstall windows

Fall upgrade failed to install, PC cannot reinstall windows: Hi. I built a new PC last week. Everything was working fine, save for some problems with the DVD drive recognition dropping out (old driveproblemsI think) until I tried to install the latest MS update. This took around 8 hours, with the screen on 98% complete for most of this...
  8. Cannot boot or reinstall win 10 64bit

Cannot boot or reinstall win 10 64bit: My laptop DELL Inspiron 3542 worked perfectly with windows 10 64bit but suddenly it wont boot, it stuck on windows logo boot loop, i thought it might be just a boot issue if i user windows repair it would solve the problem but i found also i cannot boot from the USB stick or...
  9. Cannot reinstall Windows 10

Cannot reinstall Windows 10: I upgraded a laptop from Windows 7 Home 64 bit to Windows 10 Home 64 bit. It has been running for several weeks. Since the last updates, it has failed to start. After several attempts, I decided to use the installation USB I had made to install on other computers. When i...
  10. Cannot reinstall Windows from USB

Cannot reinstall Windows from USB: Hi So lately I've been trying to re-install Windows 10 home from a USB which has installation media on it for Windows 10 from the windows media creation tool. But whenever I am prompted to select a drive (Like a bit after you run setup.exe), there are none or there is one...