Windows 10: Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

Discus and support Cannot reinstall april update after rollback in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RPRiley, Jul 11, 2018.

1. RPRiley Win User

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback

a friend of mine recommended i roll back the april update i had just installed for fear of some supposed bugs, so i did since it was apparently a big thing at the time. now i'm trying to reinstall it since the buzz has gone away, but windows update says im up to date and the log says ive updated to 1803, even though my system still says im running 17**. is there some way to direct download the update from somewhere or reset the log so it stops thinking i've already updated or something?

:)

RPRiley, Jul 11, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot reinstall april update after rollback :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 11, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 11, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Cannot reinstall april update after rollback scu-png.png

newtekie1, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot reinstall april update after rollback - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall april

2. Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, I'm kin of desperated.After several attemps of unsuccessful Windows Updates my PC ist stuck in a boot loop no Windows logo, just the mainboard logo.My Win10 is on an SSD.1 I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and installed a recovery USB. The automatic...
  3. Cannot update after fresh reinstall.

Cannot update after fresh reinstall.: While just using my pc casually it started acting up real bad, which i then realized it had corrupted boot data? I reformated the drive and did a fresh reinstall. Now when i try and update i get Download error - 0x80096010. My time is correctly set. My ISO is brand new off...
  4. Cannot upgrade back to 1903 after a 1809 rollback

Cannot upgrade back to 1903 after a 1809 rollback: I upgraded to Windows 1903 and it caused an error with Trend Micro & PDQ Deploy so I used the rollback feature to take me back to 1809. Now I cannot go back to 1903. If I search for Windows Updates it says I'm all up to date. It also says that I already have 1903 installed...
  5. How to rollback driver update after windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to rollback driver update after windows update?: So, I recently updated my windows, and with that, it automatically updated my intel graphics driver, which I don't want as the latest one does not allow custom resolutions. Is there any way I can roll back my intel graphics driver?...
  6. Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback

Problem after Update Windows 10 April (1803), Cant Rollback: I got some problems after Windows downloading update automatically version 1803. My previous version was build 10240 Home Single Language. My device is HP Notebook 15-af109ax The problem that i encountered: Long "Preparing windows" screen after welcome screen on every...
  7. Locked out after the April update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out after the April update: I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission. I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been...
  8. No audio on laptop after April update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio on laptop after April update: My laptop updated overnight Windows doesn't detect any audio device since. Internal speakers or plugged in headphones don't work, instead showing a "no speakers or headphones connected" bubble. I used Windows HD audio drivers on previous builds, and they worked just fine. Now...
  9. Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Sign In On 1803 April Update: I just updated my build from 1709 (Fall Creator’s) to 1803 (Spring/Redstone 4), and after a lengthy upgrade process, I go to sign in, but can’t... The sign in screen appears normally, and I can enter my PIN or Microsoft Password to sign in. However, signing in with either...
  10. Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1

Cannot Rollback to Windows 8.1: I installed the Windows 10 free upgrade on July 29th when it automatically downloaded. It installed with no problem but still has not activated. I have made no changes since the installation but the rollback feature will not work. Screenshot is shown below. Is there any...