Windows 10: Cannot remove accounts in People app

Discus and support Cannot remove accounts in People app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot find out how to remove accounts within the Windows 10 People App. Can anyone tell me how? 31616 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vic Russell, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Cannot remove accounts in People app

Hi, I cannot find out how to remove accounts within the Windows 10 People App. Can anyone tell me how?

:)

Vic Russell, Nov 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 Mail Contacts, People,Address Book

The type of account is "Outlook" with the e-mail address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. When I open new mail using this account I cannot see anyway to access the contacts in the People app.

jonbayliss, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Lost contact list in Windows 10

Hi Laura,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience that occurred to you and will try to help you resolve this issue.

Kindly reply: Are you referring to the People App in Windows 10?

Could you login to
    https://people.live.com/
    through the web browser and check if your contacts are still visible?

If your contacts are still available when you check your contacts through the web browser then I would suggest you follow the steps below to remove the account from People App and add the account again.

Follow the steps below to Remove an Account from People's App.

1. Open People App.

2. Click on "..." icon and select Settings.

3. Click on the account you wish to remove and select Delete Account

4. Again, click on Delete.

Follow the steps below to add an account from People's App.

1. Open People App.

2. Click on "..." icon and select Settings.

3. Click on + Add an Account.

4. Click on the respective option to add the account. (Example: Select
    Outlook.com
    if your account is Hotmail.com, Outlook.com etc.)

5. Follow on-screen instructions.

Note: You cannot remove a Microsoft account from your Mail, Calendar and People app which you use to login to your User account.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 25, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot remove accounts in People app

Open the People App, under the search bar there is a line which has "Showing some accounts". If you click/tap on this then you will have a window in which you can deselect any accounts that you do not want to appear in the App.

You may not see the link if you have all your accounts on view. However, if you go into settings it will allow you to "filter contact list". You can also delete accounts from here too.

philc43, Dec 1, 2015
  5. Thank you philc43. That does the trick. However, I have now realised that you have to go to the Mail App to completely remove an account.

Vic Russell, Dec 1, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    Yes, that is correct and remember that you will not be able to delete the Microsoft account that you login with.

Actually, you can remove other accounts from the People App but you have to go into Settings to do this. (accessed by clicking on the three dots icon next to the add icon for adding new people.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot remove accounts in People app

1. Cannot remove accounts in People app - Similar Threads - Cannot remove accounts

2. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  3. Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account under “Accounts used by other apps”: I have a Microsoft surface laptop. I use it with both my personal and university Microsoft accounts. However at some point, one of my children logged in with their school account, and now I cannot remove it from my computer. It is causing the following issue:When you open...
  4. Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?

Removing Xbox contacts from People app ?: I have imported my google account contacts in the People app after that when I opened the app again I saw that some of my Xbox friends were showing up I had the same problem even on my previous Windows 10 installation and I have it again. When I try to delete a Xbox contact...
  5. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  6. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Ghost account in calendar and people app: I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also...
  7. Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Add new Accounts to People or Mail: When I click "Add" to add an account to either of these apps, I get no response. No error message, nothing logged in windows event viewer. I have rebooted and get the same result....
  8. Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and People apps show list of old accounts, how to remove them?: HI, So one time I decided to use windows 10 manager mail and people backup tool and then when mail app started to act unresponsive I imported them back and since then I can't remove add/delete any old email accounts.. Where is this thing stored or how can I remove them?...
  9. Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps

Cannot add any accounts to Mail, Calendar or People apps: When I try to add an account to the Mail, Calendar or People apps I get a "Something went wrong" error, code 0x80070422. I have run sfc /scannow, DISM /cleanup-image etc, tried stopping and starting the credential manager and setting it to start automatically, but no luck....
  10. cannot open people app

cannot open people app: When try to open Windows 10 People, blank blue screen (w/ people synbol in middle) comes up for a second, then screen goes to Mail. Mail seems to work fine and calendar opens OK (although I don't use it). Had a problem recently when HP110 computer wouldn't come out of...