Windows 10: Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

Discus and support Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...." in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; have a new install desktop Windows 10 Pro. Sharing printers around the LAN. There are two devices that it picked up on the net that are phantoms: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cognus, Feb 26, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

have a new install desktop Windows 10 Pro. Sharing printers around the LAN. There are two devices that it picked up on the net that are phantoms: the printers no longer exist, were attached to another windows machine that no longer lives.
    When I try to 'remove device" I get an error "Operation Cancelled due to restrictions on this account contact administrator". I am the administrator.

what's the secret code?

:)

cognus, Feb 26, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Feb 26, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

1. Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...." - Similar Threads - Cannot remove dead

2. Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio

in Browsers and Email
    Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio: In Outlook 2010 I click on a link from an email and I get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I tried changing to Chrome as default from Edge, but no solution. This problem only happened after I updated to 1809. I...
  3. Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio

in Windows 10 Support
    Error Outlook 2010 This operation has been cancelled due to restrictio: In Outlook 2010 I click on a link from an email and I get the message This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I tried changing to Chrome as default from Edge, but no solution. This problem only happened after I updated to 1809. I...
  4. Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account: There is no Remove Device for a laptop I no longer own. It was my son's and I have him on my family account. I removed him from the family account, but that didn't fix it. He's back on my Microsoft family account, but the laptop was wiped so I didn't think it would be...
  5. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please...: I have been checking for a fix on this for a couple of months now. (I am getting this error when attempting to open a hyperlink in Excel/Word). I have seen no solutions that work for me. I have been through the routines and all the registry keys that have been suggested....
  6. Fix DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION Error

in Windows 10 News
    Fix DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION Error: [ATTACH] The DRIVER UNLOADED WITHOUT CANCELLING PENDING OPERATION bug check error has an error value of 0x000000CE. This means that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading. Some of the driver files that may be giving rise to this error [...] This post...
  7. operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. contact your system...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. contact your system...: This is what I get when I try and access a link within an email or invite including work invites to join webinars. This has only started last few days....
  8. cannot open opers

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot open opers: my lenovo idea centre is running win 10 , in the last 2 weeks microsoft has been doing updates in this PC, these have not been entirely completed , one item has failed twice to download Feature update to windows 10, version 1803(4) i have used the opera browser for many...
  9. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Browsers and Email
    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I've updated my win10 to the anniversary update and faced a problem, when I hit a link in MS Outlook 2010, the following message appears: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions I run a search on the net, set my browser, firefox ver. 50.0.3 64 bit as...
  10. Cannot remove device from Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot remove device from Computer: Hello! I have a quick question for you. I have switched to iPhone a couple of weeks back. Previously, I had a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Before transferring all my stuff from one phone to another, I had both of the phones connected to the PC at once. The issue that I am facing now...