Windows 10: Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

Discus and support Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...." in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; have a new install desktop Windows 10 Pro. Sharing printers around the LAN. There are two devices that it picked up on the net that are phantoms: the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cognus, Feb 26, 2016.

1. cognus Win User

Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

have a new install desktop Windows 10 Pro. Sharing printers around the LAN. There are two devices that it picked up on the net that are phantoms: the printers no longer exist, were attached to another windows machine that no longer lives.
    When I try to 'remove device" I get an error "Operation Cancelled due to restrictions on this account contact administrator". I am the administrator.

what's the secret code?

:)

cognus, Feb 26, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Feb 26, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Feb 26, 2016
Thema:

Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...."

1. Cannot remove dead devices: "Operation Cancelled due to ...." - Similar Threads - Cannot remove dead

2. operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I was trying to see my devices in my computer, opening the device manager, and appeared this weird error, so I tried looking in the Internet and tried to solve it, but I can't open gpedit and some other programs. I have other user which isn't an administrator, and I was able...
  3. operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I was trying to see my devices in my computer, opening the device manager, and appeared this weird error, so I tried looking in the Internet and tried to solve it, but I can't open gpedit and some other programs. I have other user which isn't an administrator, and I was able...
  4. operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due To Restrictions In Effect On This Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due To Restrictions In Effect On This Computer: Hello.FYI: I am translating the error massage from Turkish to English so there may be some inconsistencies. I have newly upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I am having some issues accessing some parts of my computer.I cannot access device manager, I cannot access...
  6. DEVICE MANAGER - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DEVICE MANAGER - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...: Καλησπέρα,ξαφνικά προσπαθώντας να χρησιμοποιήσω το device manager λαμβάνω αυτό το μήνυμα "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." και δεν μου επιτρέπει την είσοδο. Δεν έχει πραγματοποιηθεί...
  7. DEVICE MANAGER - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...

DEVICE MANAGER - This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...: This is currently what pops up when I try to open device manager. I already tried the thing when you revalue htmlfile in the regedit but nothing happened....
  8. Removing all dead devices

Removing all dead devices: Is there a utility that would clean up the device drive storage folder and remove the unused devices? There are hundreds of them and cannot do it manually. I am having USB printer installation problems, and it would be best is I start from the beginning. 179608
  9. Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect: Hi All I logged on as Administrator on a PC and did a change in group policy to allow certain programs to run for users. My thinking was that this will not affect the Administrator Account. Now I want to go back to group policy but then I get the message Operation has...
  10. This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions

in Browsers and Email
    This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions: I've updated my win10 to the anniversary update and faced a problem, when I hit a link in MS Outlook 2010, the following message appears: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions I run a search on the net, set my browser, firefox ver. 50.0.3 64 bit as...