Windows 10: Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

Discus and support Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by samkram10, Jul 5, 2018.

1. samkram10 Win User

Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

Hello, everyone!

I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts and then clicked manage on the proper account. This takes me to the login page for the account, which, as I just mentioned, is of no use to me since I can no longer sign in to the account. I have already added the new account, and signed into the relevant Office apps, but I still continue to get a notification saying that I need to fix the old account. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, and if you would like me to post more information that may be relevant, I will be more than happy to do so. Thanks!

:)

samkram10, Jul 5, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 5, 2018
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jul 5, 2018
  4. iamollie Win User

Deleting User Accounts

Does anyone know how to delete an administrator account from another os on another partition (or using a live cd)?

I dont have access to the administrator account and i need to remove the other administrator account

iamollie, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device - Similar Threads - Cannot remove deleted

2. Removing Device From Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Device From Microsoft Account: At my old job I was signed into my Microsoft account on a work computer. I didn’t realize this until today when I was going through my devices on my account. I know people still working there can log into the computer and most likely see all my synced stuff. By removing this...
  3. Removing Device From Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Device From Microsoft Account: At my old job I was signed into my Microsoft account on a work computer. I didn’t realize this until today when I was going through my devices on my account. I know people still working there can log into the computer and most likely see all my synced stuff. By removing this...
  4. Removing Device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Device from Microsoft account: So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders...
  5. Removing Device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Device from Microsoft account: So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders...
  6. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: How does one remove a device from Microsoft accounts. I believe the help file is outdated and there is no way do do that this moment. Recently updated Win to 2004. This might be the problem. The live agent was clueless and he and I were looking at completely different things...
  7. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: I have two computers connected with my Microsoft account. Currently I want to remove one of them from the Microsoft account. I was wondering if I can remove it without any unpleasant consequences to the Windows activation? Thank you for the replay...
  8. Remove a device from Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove a device from Microsoft account.: My Microsoft account shows 3 different listings for the same computer. I would like to remove these extra device listings from my account. The instructions to remove a device from a Microsoft account are dated sometime last fall, but they do not work. When the instructions...
  9. Delete device from Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete device from Microsoft account: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-device-from-microsoft-account/c228992b-a9fc-4503-8a7b-27fa762c01f0"
  10. Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account: There is no Remove Device for a laptop I no longer own. It was my son's and I have him on my family account. I removed him from the family account, but that didn't fix it. He's back on my Microsoft family account, but the laptop was wiped so I didn't think it would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted device from microsoft account in error