Windows 10: Cannot remove device from Computer

Discus and support Cannot remove device from Computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have a quick question for you. I have switched to iPhone a couple of weeks back. Previously, I had a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Before transferring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexi9307, May 16, 2016.

1. alexi9307 Win User

Cannot remove device from Computer

Hello! I have a quick question for you. I have switched to iPhone a couple of weeks back. Previously, I had a Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. Before transferring all my stuff from one phone to another, I had both of the phones connected to the PC at once. The issue that I am facing now is that I cannot remove the "Xperia M4 Aqua" device icon from the Computer Window. I have tried uninstalling all the software that was related to Sony, removing all the .inf files in the system related to Sony, uninstalling "hidden" devices in Device manager, unpairing all Bluetooth Devices, deleting %temp%, running Ccleaner, restarting the PC, checking Devices and Printers (it is not present there). I did not manage to get rid of that icon. It does not have any delete, or proprieties funtion when I right click it, and is does absolutely nothing if I try to double click on it.
    I have also tried some steps found on Google about deleting the Key from the registry, but I do not seem to find the corresponding key for that particular icon.
    I'll attach 2 screenshots.
    Can some please post at least a hint about fixing this? Thank you very much!

:)

alexi9307, May 16, 2016

2. E71 cannot remove email from device

Hi shannie

Go to Messaging > Options > scroll down to Settings (just off screen) > E-mail > select Mailbox > Options and you should see this screen as per screenshot:http://i49.tinypic.com/ouv7ex.jpg

scoobyman---01, May 16, 2016
  3. E71 cannot remove email from device

Hello everybody.

I have this problem with my E71 device: I set up some emails using the 'Set up e-mail' function on my device.I later found out that I had done them wrongly and need to remove them from the device!I have tried to remove them by clicking the mailbox and then
    going to options.There is no option for 'remove/delete mailbox.How can I remove these (there are two!) from the device?

Any advice in solving this issue will be very highly appreciated.Tahnx.

Bless.

Hannington.

shannie---01, May 16, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

5. CountMike New Member
    Does it show in Devices and Printers ?

CountMike, May 17, 2016
  6. alexi9307 Win User
    Hey! Thanks for the reply.
    Find attached the requested file. The phone does not show up in Devices and Printers, as I have stated in the first post.

alexi9307, May 19, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    *Sad

Cannot remove device from Computer [​IMG]

Please redo it?

8. alexi9307 Win User

Well, my laptop keeps freezing if I generate a .nfo one, but I have exported it as a .txt file.
    Hope this helps.

alexi9307, May 19, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Code: 17.03.2016 4:42 Application Hang The program PCCompanion.exe version 2.1.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel. Process ID: 1b9c Start Time: 01d1800543bbb3a7 Termination Time: 4294967295 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Sony PC Companion\PCCompanion.exe Report Id: 9803aa1a-ebfa-11e5-828c-54a0506b7202 Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:[/quote] Is there any detailed information available in Control Panel > Security and Maintenance? Please have a check.

10. alexi9307 Win User
    Nope, absolutely no error message or notification.

alexi9307, May 19, 2016
  11. What does a right click > eject do?

What does Disk Management show?

It's possible that tethering software is keeping the device defined.
    This is what the User Guide (PDF) has to say on page 34:

To share your data connection using a USB cable
    • Deactivate all USB cable connections to your device.

• Using the USB cable that came with your device, connect your device to a computer.

• From your Home screen, tap .
      Find and tap Settings > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
      Drag the slider beside USB tethering to the right, then tap OK if prompted. is displayed in the status bar once you are connected.

To stop sharing your data connection, drag the slider beside USB tethering to the left or disconnect the USB cable
    I didn't read the entire manual - so if you connect via BT - read more in the manual.

You can also try this to see if there are any left over devices:

Add a New variable to your environment variables

devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices = 1

Cannot remove device from Computer [​IMG]

Then look in Dev mgr - show hidden.

Ghost entries (devices that are not currently attached) are grey - you can uninstall any Ghost entry.
    Are there any Ghost entries for your Sony Xperia M4 Aqua device?

Slartybart, May 20, 2016
  12. alexi9307 Win User
    Unfortunately, I don't have the Xperia anymore. I have removed all of the Ghosted devices, there only one that is grey, but that's the iPhone ( because it is not connected to the computer).

EDIT: There is no " eject " option when right clicking. Nothing shows up under disk management.

Any other ideas, guys?

alexi9307, May 20, 2016
  13. alexi9307 Win User

Resolved by taking full permissions over registry class HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{77F7F122-20B0-4117-A2FB-059D1FC88256} and deleting it. Thanks, guys! You're awesome

alexi9307, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot remove device from Computer - Similar Threads - Cannot remove device

2. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  3. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  4. Cannot remove account from old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot remove device from my school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove device from my school account: Hello,Recently I had an issue with my laptop so I switched over to a friends for a few days. I am a University student so I have been given an account that is able to use the Office apps such as Outlook and whatnot. Anyway, this is an account that I use for strictly my...
  6. Cannot remove device from my school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove device from my school account: Hello,Recently I had an issue with my laptop so I switched over to a friends for a few days. I am a University student so I have been given an account that is able to use the Office apps such as Outlook and whatnot. Anyway, this is an account that I use for strictly my...
  7. Cannot remove device from my school account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot move license from remove device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot move license from remove device: I'm setting up a new PC and want to move my Win10 digital license from the old PC.I had previously linked my old PC to Microsoft account, and for some reason thought that I needed to remove that PC from devices list before activating my new PC. And now I cannot activate new...
  9. “Cannot remove Bluetooth device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    “Cannot remove Bluetooth device”: Hi i have tried to remove a bluetooth keyboard from my computer, i have tried uninstalling the drivers, however they just automatically re appearm, i have updated my device and the drivers and restarted several times. Also i have tried putting it in flight modded and turning...
  10. Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account: There is no Remove Device for a laptop I no longer own. It was my son's and I have him on my family account. I removed him from the family account, but that didn't fix it. He's back on my Microsoft family account, but the laptop was wiped so I didn't think it would be...