Windows 10: Cannot remove items from Start menu

Discus and support Cannot remove items from Start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to remove what I suppose are some sort of system items, Mail, Alarms & Clock, Calculator etc. from the "All Apps" menu. Can't do it. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Homer Simpson, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Cannot remove items from Start menu

I'm trying to remove what I suppose are some sort of system items, Mail, Alarms & Clock, Calculator etc. from the "All Apps" menu. Can't do it. They don't appear in the Windows/Start folder either.

I'm never going to use some of these "apps", which I assume is the new hip way of saying "programs". How can I delete?

:)

Homer Simpson, Dec 19, 2015

2. Cannot unpin items from Start or remove items from Most Used list

I'm having these same issues, but I have Avast Antivirus.... Hm.

GenevieveJeter, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Cannot unpin items from Start or remove items from Most Used list

Yes, I also upgraded from Windows 8.1 and I'm having Cortana problems too. I ended up just turning Cortana off.

GenevieveJeter, Dec 19, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Cannot remove items from Start menu

Hi, whilst you can uninstall the modern/universal apps that's a bit pointless in my opinion, 'cos they'll be back on the next upgrade (like build 10586), unless you find they are creating some overhead- e.g. every 4 hours there's a scan to update them. However, you may have some privacy concern. There's no easy way to hide them, apparently.

You may find the following of interest (add see relevant tutorials here- see the Tutorials link above):
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-h...-10-start-menu
    How to Uninstall Windows 10s Built-in Apps (and How to Reinstall Them)

(I use Classic Shell, not the Win 10 start menu, which fails very badly to express my conventional start menu, and don't use the modern apps in general. Classic Shell doesn't give direct access to the modern apps, so in that sense they are hidden. A hot key and an icon in Classic Shell still lets me launch the Win 10 menu).

'Apps' = applications, i.e. programs that run under an operating system. The set of programs MS includes with Win 10 which are not traditional desktop programs are commonly referred to as 'modern apps', and for a time at least as 'universal apps' i.e. applicable to multiple devices.

dalchina, Dec 19, 2015
  5. xpclient Win User
    FYI, if you need them, you can access Apps directly via the Classic Shell menu too. You can enable an "Apps" folder in the right side column from the Customize Start Menu tab (set Metro apps on "Display as a menu"). Also, you can pin apps directly to the main menu.

xpclient, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot remove items from Start menu

1. Cannot remove items from Start menu - Similar Threads - Cannot remove items

2. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  3. Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Nonexistent items in Start menu: My Start Menu has a lot of entries to programs that are not installed on my system anymore. Is there any way I can remove them, and if so, how can this be done?Best regardsUlf H...
  4. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  5. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  6. Cannot remove broken Start Menu items.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot remove broken Start Menu items.: Redirecting from https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/5kk96u/need_help_how_to_fix_deadbroken_start_menu/ I have the same issue but I'm unable to remove broken start menu items. Please advise. submitted by /u/Vivraan [link] [comments]...
  7. Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !: PC suddenly had an issue where the was too took ages to appear and the start button wouldn't respond. Restart, troubleshooter, repair didn't work so had to reset windows. PC up and running again but all the programs it removed are still on the start menu !. Some would allow...
  8. Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !

in Windows 10 Support
    Reset left start menu items that cannot be removed !: PC suddenly had an issue where the was too took ages to appear and the start button wouldn't respond. Restart, troubleshooter, repair didn't work so had to reset windows. PC up and running again but all the programs it removed are still on the start menu !. Some would allow...
  9. How to remove item from alphabetical start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from alphabetical start menu: I have an item in the alphabetical start menu that no longer exists in applications. How do I remove it? Windows 10 1903 Thank you... 162419
  10. Remove apps and items from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant remove items from the start menu

2. cant delete start menu items

3. cannot remove apps fom start