Windows 10: Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TWWVA, Aug 17, 2018.

1. TWWVA Win User

Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove.

When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed under "Accounts used by other apps." I click on Manage for the account (there is not a Remove button) and it takes me to a "sign in to your account" screen where there is an option to Forget the account. Selecting Forget temporarily removes the unwanted account until the next time I reboot Windows. Windows and my Office 365 applications are using another account. How do I figure out what if anything is still trying to use this old account and/or permanently remove it?

:)

TWWVA, Aug 17, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot remove old

2. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  3. Cannot remove account from old computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove account from old computer: I am having trouble deleting my account from my old laptop.The laptop has been removed from my Microsoft profile/account.I've tried to follow the "account deletion" process but don't see the "Remove" option.The log in on the computer is flagged as a local adminsitrator, how...
  4. Cannot remove account from old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Removing old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing old Microsoft Account: I have several Microsoft online accounts, one with my current business address, one with my gmail address, and an old one for a business that doesn't work anymore - the domain isn't even registered. The gmail address isn't registered to anything on my PC, but the other two...
  6. Removing old Microsoft accounts

Removing old Microsoft accounts: Whenever I logged into my laptop, I get notified to fix my work/school account which is my old Microsoft account. I clicked on the account to remove it but I can't seem to see the remove button for it that appears on many searches I've made online to remove it.I've also tried...
  7. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10: My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if I don't have access to that account anymore. I am the administrator on my system. Thanks...
  8. Removing an old microsoft account

Removing an old microsoft account: What do I do to remove an old Microsoft account in Windows 10? I have tried to get into the account to remove it but could not remember the password. I tried a number of passwords and got locked out. I tried getting a code sent to another email address. I got this but...
  9. CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10

CANNOT REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT FROM WINDOWS 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 few days back , I had formatted my harddisk completely before installing . Yesterday I provided my Microsoft account for Windows Store and whenever I restart my PC , I have to provide my Microsoft account password. Earlier...
  10. Cannot remove old account from login screen

Cannot remove old account from login screen: When I turn on my computer I get the old user ID and have to click on new user ID on bottom left portion of screen to sign in with new user ID. How do I remove the old user ID from login screen?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot remove microsoft account pc\

2. how to disconnect an old microsoft account from office

3. removing an old microsoft account

4. remove old microsoft account from windows 10,
  5. windows 10 cannot delete account,
  6. cannot delete microsoft account in windows 10,
  7. how to remove old microsoft account from pc,
  8. remove old microsoft account from list,
  9. microsoft family remove from old microsoft account,
  10. remove old device from microsoft account