Windows 10: cannot remove second log in option from lock screen

Discus and support cannot remove second log in option from lock screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop and I am the only user. My administrator username is George Michaels. Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 7oli5, Jun 6, 2017.

1. 7oli5 Win User

cannot remove second log in option from lock screen

Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop and I am the only user. My administrator username is George Michaels.
    Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login- George Michaels where I click to enter my password and a second option which is George (without the Michaels). When selecting the second option, 2 boxes appear, one for username and one for a password.
    I want to delete the second login option since when the PC starts, it automatically takes me to the second George and a pop up says I entered the wrong password. It is annoying I only want my account to appear, not the option to sign in with different username and passwords.
    When I go to control panel user settings to delete it, I can't find it since this new George is not a user it is rather just a way to log in with different username and password.

:)

7oli5, Jun 6, 2017

2. Is It Possible to Stop a Lumia 822 From Entering Sleep Mode?

Go to Settings>lock screen>Screen times out after check the options again. You will see there are 7 options available: '30 seconds', '1 minute', '3 minutes', '5 minutes', '15 minutes', '30 minutes' and lastly 'never'.

Tap on 'never' to deactivate screen locking because the screen lock is also Windows Phone's Sleep mode.

And any mobile network have no right to remove options other than 'access point', 'mobile network' and 'DataSense' from any Windows Phone.

stargazer2255, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Multiple accounts on local computer

I have latest Windows 10. When I log on this computer I get 2 accounts on sign-in screen: one I created, and a second that came from somewhere. I

have looked and cannot find this second one anywhere. How do I remove it?

cwilliamc3, Jun 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jun 6, 2017
Thema:

1. cannot remove second log in option from lock screen - Similar Threads - cannot remove second

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  4. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen: I use a laptop as my daily driver at home and work, but I most often use a PIN to sign in. Some of my family members know my Microsoft account password as it is a common account. I want to remove the sign in options from there sign in with microsoft account password....
  5. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen: I use a laptop as my daily driver at home and work, but I most often use a PIN to sign in. Some of my family members know my Microsoft account password as it is a common account. I want to remove the sign in options from there sign in with microsoft account password....
  6. Remove Microsoft account password login option from lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in screen on son's laptop is locked and there are no "sign in options": We both have Acer Aspire laptops with windows.Mine will open with a pin sign in and below "I forgot my pin" and "sign in options"My sons says "you've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below and the box says challenge phrase.Once I enter that...
  8. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen: Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there? I've got a range of Windows...
  9. Remove advertising from lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...
  10. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113