Windows 10: Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way

Discus and support Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have some .mp4 videos that I would like to clear the tags in the properties, and do things like adding my own rating and title. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RadCazz, Nov 10, 2017.

1. RadCazz Win User

Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way

Hello. I have some .mp4 videos that I would like to clear the tags in the properties, and do things like adding my own rating and title. However, I cannot do this.
    I tried the usual: selected properties -> details -> clicked on Remove properties and personal information AND the copy created will not play.
    I tried the F2 key and same thing happened.

So, I converted MP4's to AVI and then loaded them into abcAVI Tag editor BUT the file created will not play/open. Moreover, abcAVI does not work with large file sizes (which I have), like 2 gb.

Therefore, does anyone know a program or way to change the tags in properties of a mp4 file that will result in a working copy?

:)

RadCazz, Nov 10, 2017

2. How to change default "Save As" "File Type" in MS Paint w Windows 10

Hi,

I have a need to change the default "file type" when "saving as" to .jpg from .png. I need to do group batches of images that were extracted from video on an iphone. I do this on a regular basis, shooting video, and then grabbing images from them. Now
    I need to change them after import to my PC to .jpg files, to be able to tag them. My photo editing software doesn't recognize .pngs for tagging.

so a quick way to change that default so it will save me like a million clicks switching back and forth everytime would be appreciated.

How do I change that default file type in MS Paint?

VickieSiculiano, Nov 10, 2017
  3. haZey---01, Nov 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 10, 2017
  5. RadCazz Win User
    Thank you so much! After reviewing (and trying) all you posted, I'm going with the "MP4 Video & Audio Tag Editor" paid download. It is, for me, the best option... and it works superbly!
    Thanks again!

RadCazz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Remove Tags on Video Files the Regular Way - Similar Threads - Cannot Remove Tags

2. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer: I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a single entry.Both files are of the same type and have the same source.What is the reason, and is there a solution to add tags...
  3. Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags unavailable for various files specifically photos and videos in File explorer: I wish to tag my images and videos.Some files have them available:Others don't:The entire description box is unavailable, and the origin section has a single entry.Both files are of the same type and have the same source.What is the reason, and is there a solution to add tags...
  4. Is there a way to easily tag files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to easily tag files?: As a videographer, it is safe to say I have a shit ton of files. And putting them in folders is a good start, but it has it's limits. Most specifically when you want to use a certain clip for multiple projects. So I'm looking for a way to easily add tags to the files. The...
  5. What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?

What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?: I tried to just put them in the video title but i run out of room. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/FinancialJello4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8w1th/what_is_the_best_way_to_add_tags_to_videos_on_my/
  6. An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    An East Way to Add, Copy and Manage Tags for Files?: I am on build 1909. I have tens of thousands of photos and videos I would like to add tags for. I have a couple of main questions: The process for adding tags (right click on file, click properties, click details, navigate to tags, start typing) is a little cumbersome when...
  7. Video Tags on External Harddrive

Video Tags on External Harddrive: I have come across a weird issue with video tags in Windows 10. Can't seem to find an answer for this. To start I have many mp4 video files. I open folder right click on the file then go to properties. I click on details, then add Tags for the video and click ok. This...
  8. Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?

Fastest and easiest way to tag multiple files?: I'm a long-time MacOS power user who has decided to give Windows 10 a try for a number of reasons, one of them is that Apple has done a very poor job of putting out compelling hardware for the last couple of years. I made good use of tags in MacOS, but I'm finding it...
  9. Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tagging photos/videos say Not Tagged: I've been using photo gallery to tag and organize photos and videos successfully for some time now. Unfortunately, now after tagging it still sorts everything as "Not tagged" instead of organizing by their correct tagging. Is this a bug?...
  10. file tagging

file tagging: How do you tag files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-tagging/3d876677-2bc6-46b5-b0a1-ddbd6fa1515a"