Windows 10: cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons

Discus and support cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; since the last Microsoft update, I have up/down arrows on my taskbar and my icons are to the left of the arrows, and I have to move up or down to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by srbpjb, Jul 17, 2018.

1. srbpjb Win User

cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons

since the last Microsoft update, I have up/down arrows on my taskbar and my icons are to the left of the arrows, and I have to move up or down to see all of the icons. All the icons would show previously to the right of the arrows and they would all be in a row. Now only 3 show to the left and I have to move the arrows to see the icon that I need. How to I get all the icons back to the right of the up/down arrows and all show. I tried clicking a blank spot at top of task bar and tried moving double arrow up to make more space but it does not change anything. Also I only have 6 icons. Thanks for the help, as I have spent hours on this.

:)

srbpjb, Jul 17, 2018

2. Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 17, 2018
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 17, 2018
  4. cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons

Taskbar Scroll Bar Removal

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty area of the Windows taskbar. Click to clear the checkmark from the "Lock the Taskbar" option if needed.
    • Then right-click an empty area of the taskbar, and then select "Properties."
    • Click to place a check in the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" box. Click "Apply" followed by "OK" to confirm the changes. This option combines multiple instances of the same application into a single taskbar button. If this does not remove the scroll arrows,
      continue to the next step.
    • Hover your mouse cursor over the border between the Windows taskbar and the desktop until a double-arrow icon replaces the standard pointer.
    • Click the taskbar border and drag it upward to double the height of the taskbar. Any icons on the second row will be displayed, and the scroll arrows will vanish.

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons

1. cannot remove up/down arrows on taskbar and show all icons - Similar Threads - cannot remove down

2. Hotmail up and down arrows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotmail up and down arrows?: The up and down arrows in Hotmail for going onto the next email or previous email keep disappearing, they will be there one day and gone the next. I can't seem to find them. Any idea how I can get them back and keep them there? Thank you...
  3. Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All: I've tried every thing I can find. My windows key also does not work in any sense, I've tried everything over and over, it isn't working and when i hover my mouse over it, it shows the loading icon for the mouse. This is my last resort before I give up....
  4. Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All: I've tried every thing I can find. My windows key also does not work in any sense, I've tried everything over and over, it isn't working and when i hover my mouse over it, it shows the loading icon for the mouse. This is my last resort before I give up....
  5. Taskbar Not Showing Icons+Not Working at All

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  7. Taskbar always shows all icons

Taskbar always shows all icons: Hi, I have a problem with my taskbar icons. I only want the battery indicator to always show next to the clock, without opening up all with the arrow. Like this:[ATTACH] However every time when I restart the device it automatically ticks in the "Always show all..." option....
  8. Taskbar shows up and down arrow

Taskbar shows up and down arrow: It's always something with me. On my taskbar, it show, everything, all browsers, calendars, just everything . . . But now it has an up and down arrow to get to everything. I really don't like it at all. What I would like to know is how to get my taskbar showing everything...
  9. Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing an icon in the "show hidden icons" down in taskbar: Up until yesterday the little shield for Windows Security was always in the hidden icons box that I could open down in lower right corner. It still shows as running in task manager and I do use another anti-virus, but it concerns me that the shield icon is no longer showing....
  10. app icons on start shows down arrow

app icons on start shows down arrow: I tried wsreset, signing out and logging back in, checked my region. I recently reset my laptop and did a system restore, still no luck. I checked the Microsoft store, it says that all my apps are updated, but still the smart menu icons are shown as down arrow. also, when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task bar has up down arrow

2. down arrow on task bar not showing

3. arrow up on taskbar not showing

4. what are the up and down arrows in the taskbar in windows 10,
  5. task bar window 10 shows up down arrows ,
  6. windows 10 up arrow incon not in taskbar