Windows 10: Cannot remove Windows app

Discus and support Cannot remove Windows app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've uninstalled some Windows apps, but I still have empty icons in start menu and in list of applications (see the pictures) - I can't uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by argonisius, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Cannot remove Windows app

Hi,
    I've uninstalled some Windows apps, but I still have empty icons in start menu and in list of applications (see the pictures) - I can't uninstall them again. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks.

Cannot remove Windows app [​IMG]

Cannot remove Windows app [​IMG]

:)

argonisius, Jan 25, 2016
  2. corn@ Win User

App installed to external drive, drive erased, app cannot be removed/reinstalled.

Thanks for your help!

After running Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted in PowerShell I was able to use the script from the link you posted.

I selected the app IDs (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) and hit enter. However I get the following result:

WARNUNG: Remove 'Microsoft.Studios.HydroThunderHurricane' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

WARNUNG: Remove 'Hornil.WindowsDeadPixelTest' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

WARNUNG: Remove 'Microsoft.PlumbagoaMicrosoftGarageProject' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

WARNUNG: Remove 'SPORT1GmbH.SPORT1.fm' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

WARNUNG: Remove 'Microsoft.Studios.RecklessRacingUltimate' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

WARNUNG: Remove 'Microsoft.WindowsScan' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

WARNUNG: Remove 'Microsoft.BingTranslator' failed! This app is part of Windows and cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis.

corn@, Jan 25, 2016
  3. I cannot install Windows 10

Original Title: WINDOWS 10 PROBLEMS

I cannot install Windows 10 as it states that I have to remove the app Microsoft Office Starter as it is not compatible. I cannot remove this as it seems to be in a Q drive and I cannot access it. Very frustrating as this is the only thing stopping the
    installation of Windows 10.

Dave60.1948, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

Cannot remove Windows app

1. Cannot remove Windows app - Similar Threads - Cannot remove app

2. Cannot remove app from Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove app from Windows Startup: Few months ago I added .bat file shortcut to Windows 10 startup lineup and it worked well too good.Now I am trying to remove it from that lineupI founded it in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and deleted it but it is still starting with Windows....
  3. Cannot remove app from Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove app from Windows Startup: Few months ago I added .bat file shortcut to Windows 10 startup lineup and it worked well too good.Now I am trying to remove it from that lineupI founded it in \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and deleted it but it is still starting with Windows....
  4. Cannot remove app from Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  6. WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder Ownership, cannot remove obsolete Apps: Hi everyone, first time poster. Truly stumped on this one. I am one of the IT Admins at my employment and we've been trying to stay on top of vulnerabilities reported by our vul. software. A few we keep seeing revolve around some of the widespread Microsoft Store apps and...
  7. Cannot remove a app/program

Cannot remove a app/program: Hi Guys I installed the GREENSHOT image program, decided I don't want it but cannot UNinstall it. W10 I have tried different ways, including my favorite Revo uninstall. I keep getting message " cannot uninstall as you have it running" I cannot see it running anywhere...
  8. How to remove programs/apps that cannot be removed the usual way

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove programs/apps that cannot be removed the usual way: Hello, My computer has a SSD that is nearly full. When I looked to see what was taking up the space (nearly half) its turns out to be mostly Microsoft Apps and misc programs that I didn;t download and will never use. How can I remove these apps/programs outside of the...
  9. How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage

How to remove apps which cannot be removed using Remove-AppxPackage: ​Hi, can someone say if there is any way to delete: 1 Microsoft.BioEnrollment 2 Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin 3 Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost 4 windows.immersivecontrolpanel 5 Microsoft.LockApp 6 Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge 7 Microsoft.PPIProjection 8...
  10. Cannot remove accounts in People app

Cannot remove accounts in People app: Hi, I cannot find out how to remove accounts within the Windows 10 People App. Can anyone tell me how? 31616