Windows 10: Cannot remove wireless network from list.

Discus and support Cannot remove wireless network from list. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have two wireless networks at home, and one is faster than the other. This is because the slower one is wired to my desktop, and the modem and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by laqa, Jan 14, 2016.

1. laqa Win User

Cannot remove wireless network from list.

Hello, I have two wireless networks at home, and one is faster than the other. This is because the slower one is wired to my desktop, and the modem and router are the same box. So I would like to remove the slower from machines wireless connected. I searched the forum, and got a solution, the command below, but the answer, as can be read, is that the filter does not exist in the system. I am attaching a screen that shows GVT-15DF at the list of connections. Thanks a lot.

C:\Users\larau>netsh wlan delete filter permission=allow ssid="GVT-15DF" networktype=infrastructure
    O filtro nao existe no sistema.

:)

2. JerryLippey, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Restrict access of my Wireless Router to people or devices.

Hi,

As per your query, I like to inform you that; when you turn on Network discovery, then all the available network will get listed, and we cannot remove them from the list. As your Wi-Fi network is also showing in the list so the Wireless Router set-up is
    proper.

For more information, you can also refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jan 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello laqa, *Smile

You would want to delete its wireless network profile instead. You could use the command below to delete the "GVT-15DF" profile, but you can't be connected to it to be able to delete it.

netsh wlan delete profile name="GVT-15DF"

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jan 14, 2016
  5. laqa Win User
    Thanks a lot, please tell me how to add it again (just in case).

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 14, 2016
  7. laqa Win User
    Have a great weekend!!!

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I hope you have a great weekend as well.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot remove wireless network from list. - Similar Threads - Cannot remove wireless

2. Cannot Mount Storage Device from WIreless Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Mount Storage Device from WIreless Network: Recently I have found that where I could before mount a storage device to my computer that shows on my Network, I now cannot. In Explorer, I used to be able to right click on the device listed in my network and select "Mount Public Share". But now there is not an option. I'm...
  3. Removing the vEthernet default switch from network connections list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing the vEthernet default switch from network connections list: I have a Windows 10 Pro Workstation. I normally use VMware and I like it, but on a whim I enabled Hyper-V and I did try it. I didn't like the functionality, and I tried to use VMware but could not until I disabled Hyper-V. This process was not straightforward, and...
  4. How do I remove these from the list of network properties?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove these from the list of network properties?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/honeyshota [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f07f46/how_do_i_remove_these_from_the_list_of_network/
  5. Cannot remove the auto login selection from wireless networks.

Cannot remove the auto login selection from wireless networks.: Sir, Have windows10 and cannot remove the auto login selection from wireless networks. Can someone let me know how to do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-the-auto-login-selection-from/7ba14870-764d-4b2c-8069-c866a1ff2795
  6. Cannot see wireless networks

Cannot see wireless networks: I am unable to connect to the internet. The problem started after I tried to restart my network settings (for unrelated reasons). Once my computer restarted, I was no longer able to see any wireless networks in the toolbar, nor can I see any available networks to connect to...
  7. Access point not listed on wireless network connection

Access point not listed on wireless network connection: Hi forum This is my first time. I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine. The point is that a specific AP I need to connect is not listed among the network available in range. I know that the access point is working because I have other laptop...
  8. Access point not listed on wireless network connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Access point not listed on wireless network connection: Hi forum This is my first time. I have a refurbished HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home which working fine. The point is that a specific AP I need to connect is not listed among the network available in range. I know that the access point is working because I have other laptop...
  9. Can't display list of available wireless networks

Can't display list of available wireless networks: No error given, it just does nothing when i click on the internet access icon. I checked through the network diagnostics and i can see the name, signal strength etc of assorted wifi routers on this street being given correctly, so presumably hardware is fine and driver is...
  10. Cannot connect to the wireless network

Cannot connect to the wireless network: Hi I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's connected. When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box. I selected OK but got a message...