Windows 10: Cannot Reset PC

Discus and support Cannot Reset PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i've been having bad problems lately with my pc it will randomly shutdown or sometimes reboots it seems to be completely random cause it will shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T707T, Mar 13, 2016.

1. T707T Win User

Cannot Reset PC

i've been having bad problems lately with my pc it will randomly shutdown or sometimes reboots it seems to be completely random cause it will shutdown like 20 mins into a game like gta 5 high graphics but now it has been dying on me while using firefox and if i turn my pc back on i can sign in but i cant open any programs nor does any of the processes in task manager run properly i can see them there but they dont use my cpu like my cpu is dead or something so my solution was to get all the crap off my pc (me thinking its some virus on my pc) but when i try to reset it it does the initial reboot then i get an error saying it cant reset my pc cause of some "WDW" error id appreciate any help i can get thanks *Smile

:)

T707T, Mar 13, 2016

2. Cannot Reset PC

Thank you for your help it worked Cannot Reset PC :)

SzymonOlewicz, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Cannot Reset PC

Thank you, will give it a try.

SzymonOlewicz, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Stankiem Win User

Cannot Reset PC

What do you mean by "Get all the crap off of my pc"??
    And also, when does this "WDW" error occur? Can we get exact error message?
    And what do you mean by you can see the applications but they aren't using your CPU?

Stankiem, Mar 14, 2016
  5. T707T Win User
    when i say crap i mean programs and torrents so i think i have viruses and that "WDW" error i wish i had enough time to actually read the error message but all i got to read was "WDW" but this happened when i was trying to reset my pc to factory (this error stops me from resetting) and for my applications i go into task manager but no icons show up and when i look at my performance in task my cpu is at a solid 0% when normally its 1% to 4%. PS thanks for taking the time to read my post and replying

T707T, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Reset PC

1. Cannot Reset PC - Similar Threads - Cannot Reset

2. I reset my computer and now cannot find movies I bought

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset my computer and now cannot find movies I bought: I reset my computer and now cannot find movies I bought https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies/cfb83816-d312-4514-8307-06f187b8a7cf
  3. Factory reset and cannot view old files

Factory reset and cannot view old files: I factory resetted my laptop which had windows 8. I installed windows 10 and logged back in with the same Microsoft account but i do not see my old files. I see that i would have backup in my Microsoft account online. I need to view the old back up and get them back on my...
  4. cannot uninstall or download or reset cause of error code 0x80073d01

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot uninstall or download or reset cause of error code 0x80073d01: hi can anybody please help me I have no control over what I can uninstall download or reset cause of error code 0x80073d01 its so annoying I cant make space on my laptop for anymore updates etc or uninstall apps anyone please help thanks...
  5. Corrupt windows installation cannot reset or update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt windows installation cannot reset or update: A windows update deactivated my Windows 10 Home last month. It also seems to have damaged system files. Sfc scan saysbfikes are damaged but cannot fix them. I cannot reset the system as the update uninstalls itself. I tried to update from windows 10 iso (mounted and...
  6. Cannot Recover nor Reset Windows Administrator Pass.. I Tried Everything

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Recover nor Reset Windows Administrator Pass.. I Tried Everything: Hello! This stresses me out.. I entered the correct password but Windows 10 considers it as incorrect. None of these steps could help me BECAUSE I ALWAYS NEED TO ENTER THE ADMINISTRATOR PASS, WHICH IS MY PROBLEM...
  7. PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer.: PC is stuck at advanced startup screen. Cannot reset the computer. I have tried using reset deleting all the files. Then reset stops at 37%. Then it went to a screen which says " Clear TPM (Trusted Platform Module). I think i cleared it, then also screen is stuck at...
  8. Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem..."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset Microsoft Acct Password..."There's a temporary problem...": For 5 days I've been trying to reset my Microsoft Account password and keep getting the same error message over and over (below) and none of the Microsoft automated account help or phone/text bots are able to help and I cannot get a hold of a human...I hope to God my account...
  9. Cannot reset Windows on my Dell Inspiron 11 3180

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot reset Windows on my Dell Inspiron 11 3180: i'm trying to reset to factory settings so I can return to the store,but it keeps saying theres not enough hard drive space. Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-reset-windows-on-my-dell-inspiron-11-3180/498682bf-872f-4d7b-a231-f98d027895db
  10. files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc

files appearing on desktop unable to delete them and cannot reset my pc: Hello I recently reconnected to the internet and almost immediately I had old files from my recycle bin appear on my desktop that I can not move or delete. Also I am unable to reset my pc....