Windows 10: Cannot Reset PC

Discus and support Cannot Reset PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i've been having bad problems lately with my pc it will randomly shutdown or sometimes reboots it seems to be completely random cause it will shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by T707T, Mar 13, 2016.

1. T707T Win User

Cannot Reset PC

i've been having bad problems lately with my pc it will randomly shutdown or sometimes reboots it seems to be completely random cause it will shutdown like 20 mins into a game like gta 5 high graphics but now it has been dying on me while using firefox and if i turn my pc back on i can sign in but i cant open any programs nor does any of the processes in task manager run properly i can see them there but they dont use my cpu like my cpu is dead or something so my solution was to get all the crap off my pc (me thinking its some virus on my pc) but when i try to reset it it does the initial reboot then i get an error saying it cant reset my pc cause of some "WDW" error id appreciate any help i can get thanks *Smile

:)

T707T, Mar 13, 2016

2. Cannot Reset PC

Thank you for your help it worked Cannot Reset PC :)

SzymonOlewicz, Mar 13, 2016
  3. Cannot Reset PC

Thank you, will give it a try.

SzymonOlewicz, Mar 13, 2016
  4. Stankiem Win User

Cannot Reset PC

What do you mean by "Get all the crap off of my pc"??
    And also, when does this "WDW" error occur? Can we get exact error message?
    And what do you mean by you can see the applications but they aren't using your CPU?

Stankiem, Mar 14, 2016
  5. T707T Win User
    when i say crap i mean programs and torrents so i think i have viruses and that "WDW" error i wish i had enough time to actually read the error message but all i got to read was "WDW" but this happened when i was trying to reset my pc to factory (this error stops me from resetting) and for my applications i go into task manager but no icons show up and when i look at my performance in task my cpu is at a solid 0% when normally its 1% to 4%. PS thanks for taking the time to read my post and replying

T707T, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Reset PC

1. Cannot Reset PC - Similar Threads - Cannot Reset

2. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  3. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.: I have a laptop with Windows 10 currently installed and recently have down a game from Steam. When I went to turn my laptop on this morning it went through the booting process normally showing that the screen does work. However, after going through that process it would go to...
  4. Cannot access pc reset functions from laptop that has blank black screen upon start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  6. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC: Recently, i built my first PC but unfortunately i have faced some issues, at first i couldnt boot the PC at all when trying to use a USB 3.0 for my windows installation media however, after having cleaning that initial installation in Command Prompt and trying to use a USB...
  7. Problems with PC Crashing into recovery mode and cannot Reset PC

8. I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?: Just 2 days ago, I got the Kernrl security check failure and since then i have noticed some apps not working, investigating further i found their folders were fully corrupted.Today i tried to use sfc /scannow nope it didnt work, it couldnt even complete the scan as it is...
  9. I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?

I cannot reset my pc due to corrupt files, What to do?: Just 2 days ago, I got the Kernrl security check failure and since then i have noticed some apps not working, investigating further i found their folders were fully corrupted.Today i tried to use sfc /scannow nope it didnt work, it couldnt even complete the scan as it is...
  10. Cannot Reset Windows

Cannot Reset Windows: I had a bit of a problem when attempting to recover files from a laptop SSD on my main PC. The laptop's SSD had a S.M.A.R.T. error before boot, then the laptop booted on the second drive. I took the SSD to my PC to see if I could access the files, but Windows File Explorer...