Windows 10: Cannot reset windows

Discus and support Cannot reset windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having problem with my Mail & Calendar app. Mail app is crashing on startup. So I went and did a system reset, but then when I came back to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sinplify, Aug 16, 2015.

1. sinplify Win User

Cannot reset windows

I am having problem with my Mail & Calendar app. Mail app is crashing on startup.
    So I went and did a system reset, but then when I came back to my pc, it had rebooted and I got the message:
    "There was a problem resetting your PC"...

How do I do a reset? *Sad

In my event viewer I can see:

event ID 414: Task Scheduler service found a misconfiguration in the NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center\RecordingRestart definition. Additional Data: Error Value: %SystemRoot%\ehome\ehrec.

event ID 7001: The Net.Tcp Listener Adapter service depends on the Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service service which failed to start because of the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

event ID 4502: Attempt to restore the system to original condition has failed. Changes to the system have been undone.

:)

sinplify, Aug 16, 2015
  2. Chaser14 Win User

Cannot Reset Windows

I keep getting the error code: PROCESS1 INITIALIZATION FAILED on my computer during startup - this would be one thing but the problem is that auto-repair cannot repair whatever the issue is. Because of that I need to reset Windows. Whenever I try to reset
    it, it cant do that. And I have tried following the steps here: [FIX] "There Was A Problem Refreshing Your PC'' In Windows 10 but when I enter the third line I get the message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".
    So im stuck.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

Chaser14, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Cannot Reset Windows

Clean Installing Windows 10 would be the best course of action here:

Clean Install Windows 10

Do not format the C:/ as doing it would make you lose files. Just do a custom install.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cannot reset windows

Brink, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Cannot reset windows

1. Cannot reset windows - Similar Threads - Cannot reset

2. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  3. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...: I very recently acquired a new for me laptop, it's a Lenovo yoga laptop idk if that helps. It still had an old business account on it so I decided to factory reset it it's not stolen. I wasn't able to activate windows invalid product key? and I'm not really the most tech...
  4. Cannot activate windows on recently factory reset laptop: "you don't have a valid digital...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  6. How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset PIN if you cannot verify the account?: My laptop does not allow me to log in via my Microsoft account. It just says: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."When setting up the PIN it only allows me to send a text message to my old...
  7. Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it: Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it. I can only sign in to my computer using my email address and password. If I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Ways to sign in the PIN Windows Hello states This option is currently unavailable. I am unable to reset this...
  8. Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it

Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it: Help I forgot my PIN for Windows Hello and I cannot reset it. I can only sign in to my computer using my email address and password. If I go to Settings -> Accounts -> Ways to sign in the PIN Windows Hello states This option is currently unavailable. I am unable to reset this...
  9. Cannot reset Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot reset Windows PC: Hello everyone, I cannot reset my Windows PC and need help.Here is the .log I got from my latest attempt, I have to put it in a G.Drive otherwise pasting the .log makes the page crash... sorry about that.Please do let me know if you need any more details...
  10. Cannot reset Windows PC

Cannot reset Windows PC: Hello everyone, I cannot reset my Windows PC and need help.Here is the .log I got from my latest attempt, I have to put it in a G.Drive otherwise pasting the .log makes the page crash... sorry about that.Please do let me know if you need any more details...